Chapter 28

"Woah..." [Name] stood outside the gates of the prestigious academy and looked at the large school complex in awe. It was definitely the biggest school he's ever seen as a giant street stretched in front of him with buildings surrounding the left and the right, some of them even connecting from the second floor. He looked up to the left to see a statue of a mountain with an eagle on top with Kanji characters engraved horizontally below.

Shiratorizawa Academy.

"Country bumpkin my ass..." [Name] muttered as he stepped past the gates and decided to go on a small adventure, wondering what kind of facilities Ushijima was talking about.

He heard from the members of Karasuno that  Shiratorizawa's entrance exam had to be the hardest in all of Miyagi which meant that students here were either really smart or got in through sports scholarships.

Each time [Name] turned a corner, there seemed to be something that surprised him even more, from the size of their running track to the fact that they needed signs to show the direction of each facility. The breaking point was probably the stables where there were live horses which implied that there was a horseback riding club. Either that or Shiratorizawa just used horses to get around from one building to another – given the size of the complex, it was weird but not implausible. [Name] eyed the stables with interest before shaking his head and gently slapping his face.

"Focus, [Name]. You got a job to do," he muttered before turning around and looking for the gym... or gyms if that were the case. He wasn't going to lie that he suddenly had new motivation to make sure this training camp went through.

Eventually, he stopped and stared at a large lone rectangular building, with large glass panes on the upper half of one side of the building with two wooden sliding doors opened revealing a familiar wooden flooring. [Name] stared at the doors before walking over to the doorway, revealing a large gym with two volleyball courts with the nets already set up. The problem was, there wasn't a single soul on the court as the gym seemed deserted.

[Name] squinted his eyes before taking a step into the gym and looking around before his eyes landed on a volleyball just sitting in between the two courts. He wondered where everyone was since he doubted that they would just leave the nets there the entire time.

"What are you doing here?"

[Name] flinched at the voice as he immediately looked to the left to see a familiar old man wearing a white tracksuit and a black shirt underneath glare at him. Getting a better look at him, his grey hair was styled back as his large bold eyebrows made him seem like he was mad... either that, or it was just his face.

"Washijo-sensei." [Name] immediately straightened up and bowed to the old man.

"Hmph. I thought your coach was joking when she said she sent someone here in Miyagi all the way from Fukuoka," Washijo said.

"Actually, I'm here during summer break to visit a friend," [Name] corrected as he tried his best not to be unnerved under the coach's harsh stare. "But I'm sure Tomi-sensei already told you why I'm here. So Where's the team?"

"Running," Washijo curtly replied before turning around and walking over to a nearby bench to sit down. "So, a training camp between Shiratorizawa and Ichibiyashi."

"I do believe that's why I'm here," [Name] shrugged. "If you're worried about the transportation, our volleyball club has a lot of funding from many of the fundraisers we do. You'd actually be surprised since we have more funding than council–"

"Eh?" Washijo cut him off while crossing his arms. "Who said I was gonna agree?"

"Well... no one did," [Name] scratched the back of his head. "Everything right now is just theoretic until you give the go signal–"