Chapter 7

Atsumu hated being sick.

He hated missing out on whatever was happening because he was forced to be stuck in bed the whole day. It didn't help that everything was hot and that his body wanted to stay in bed the whole day but that just made him want to go out more. Alas, he was stuck in the room for the entire day, food occasionally being brought to him while his only interactions have been with his parents and Osamu.

He was somewhat hoping that with the weekend coming, he'd have more interactions with Osamu, though he would never say that to his face. However, his plans were completely ruined with just a few words.

"Whaddya mean that you won't be here today?!" Atsumu said while staring with disbelief at his brother, eyes wide open and mouth agape. While Osamu was going through their cabinet while wearing a surgical mask to protect him from getting whatever Atsumu had. Osamu turned to him to see Atsumu still wearing his pajamas with a cooling gel sheet stuck to his forehead.

"It means, I'm gonna be hanging out with someone."

"Who?!" Atsumu was genuinely curious about who his brother would willingly hang out with without him. As much as they liked their friends at school, they were mostly friends because they were classmates, so those relationships stayed within school boundaries.

"[Name]-kun," Osamu said as he picked a simple shirt to change into.

Atsumu processed the name while squinting his eyes trying to remember if he knew anyone by that name before letting out a simple question. "Who?"

Osamu simply shook his head and ignored him, heading towards the door before uttering the words that will proceed to be the reason for the following events that occur in this chapter. "Oh, and don't think about sneaking out. Ma's gonna get mad if she sees you outside."

Before Atsumu could utter another word, Osamu had already exited the room, closing the door behind him.

He stared at the door for a good minute before running towards the window and looking outside. He watched as Osamu exited the front door and walked past the gates to meet with another boy. His features didn't really matter aside from the fact that he was shorter than Osamu, but Atsumu was more focused on the object in between the boy's hands. A beautiful blue and yellow MIKASA volleyball that was simply calling to him.

Atsumu watched as Osamu and the other boy walked towards the direction of the park while talking before turning a corner, disappearing from the sick boy's line of sight.

Thinking about it, [Name] did seem a bit familiar to him but because he was doing something he couldn't do and stole Osamu from him, Atsumu immediately decided that he hated this person.

He let out a tsk before looking around the room, thinking of a way to escape, because like hell he was gonna let his brother play volleyball without him. He paced the room walking back and forth before spotting a clean surgical mask on the table and immediately hatching a plan. He walked towards the closet and immediately picked out Osamu's clothes before changing and putting on the mask.

He looked into the mirror and fixed his hair and stared at the reflection. "Ew," he let out before shivering at the sight.

Nonetheless, he tiptoed outside the room and down the stairs, hearing his mother whip something up in the kitchen. Sneaking to the front door, he immediately opened it... and closed it.

"Forgot something!" He shouted in the most Osamu-like voice he could muster and he ran up the stairs. He waited a few seconds before going down the stairs normally. "I'm going!"

"Take care!" His mother replied back from the kitchen.

Atsumu did a small fist pump before leaving the house and walking in the direction he saw the two go in. It was a familiar path that he would always take whenever it was after school, dragging his twin with him to play volleyball at the nearby park while a bunch of old people played shogi at one of the corners. However, his body was still not up to snuff as he felt a slight chill on his back despite the sunny weather. Nonetheless, he trekked on to see what the duo had planned for today.