Chapter 31

"[Name]-san."

Kiyoko stared at the last boy left on the bus, his back leaning against the wall of the bus with his hair slightly sticking up and one of his legs on the other seat while his training bag lay on his foot. The only difference was someone left a pair of sunglasses on his eyes so that no one could tell if he was awake or asleep. Everyone had already exited as the two managers simply stared at the boy snoring on the bus.

"Is he... dead?" Yachi said with slight worry while Kiyoko shook her head and gently poked the boy's cheek.

"H-Hai!" [Name] immediately stood up with glasses still on him prompting a surprised scream from Yachi. He stood still for a few seconds before swaying and falling back into his seat. "Wait... I stood up too fast and now everything's dizzy."

[Name] scratched his eyes, slightly lifting the shades before stretching his body and leaving the accessory on his face and not bothering to fix his hair which was slightly a mess.

"Are you okay?" Yachi managed to let out while [Name] yawned.

"Hm? 'm fine..." [Name] tightly closed his eyes before slightly opening them. "Just... takes a while for me to adjust after waking up."

"Well, the rest of the team's outside so we're just waiting on you."

"Hai..." [Name] drawled out before standing up and following the managers outside. New voices were heard but [Name] was too busy trying to keep his eyes open and himself standing up straight.

"Hm? Who's that?" A boy with a blonde mohawk asked Tanaka and Nishinoya. The duo looked in the direction he was pointing in to see [Name] slightly drooping while standing near the managers.

Tanaka simply crossed his arms as a proud look appeared on his face. "That's our precious managers' new bodyguard!"

"Yeah!" Nishinoya–the one who put the sunglasses on him–replied while also copying his friend.

"Woah!" A sudden fire appeared in Yamamoto's eyes as he pointed at [Name]. "You go, Bodyguard-san! Protect the precious managers!"

[Name] didn't hear what he said since he was still half-asleep but he gave him a thumbs-up which seemed to put the blonde stranger in a good mood. The sleepy libero was about to doze off again before he felt his phone vibrate in his pocket. He let it ring a few times before he fished out his phone and answered the call, not bothering to read who was calling him. "Hm?"

"Good morning to you too, Sunshine," a slightly smug voice said from the other side.

"Tch." [Name] squinted his eyes at hearing his least favorite middle blocker's voice. "Give me one good reason why I shouldn't hang up right now."

"Easy short stack, I'm just calling to tell you something."

[Name] let out a sigh before removing his phone from his ear and turning to Kiyoko. "Sorry Kiyoko-senpai, but would you mind going ahead? I need to freshen up and take this call."

"No problem," Kiyoko said with a nod. "Hitoka-chan, let's go ahead."

"Alright!"

[Name] gave them a thankful nod before properly slinging his bag over his shoulder and going off in a random direction while answering his call.

"Yeah, you were saying–"

He almost brought the phone back to his ear when a hyena-like laugh pierced through the air catching him off guard. Yet the weirdness of the laugh wasn't what caught him off guard, but the familiarity of the laugh.

[Name] turned around before seeing a boy with the worst case of bedhead he's ever seen laughing while Daichi was shouting at him for some unknown reason. Suddenly, he was twelve and the boy seemed the same.