Chapter 15

[Name] clearly remembered the first time he met his team. The shogi club never really had many activities aside from holding monthly tournaments for the members and that wasn't really fun, so he decided to go join the volleyball club. His team was... as chaotic as a team could get, but he had to admit that it could've been a lot worse.

Defense is a team's best offense was what their coach would always say, focusing on strengthening their defense to make sure every team they encountered had trouble racking up points. As a result, Ichibiyashi high had amazing middle blockers that could snuff out any spike, creating walls that seemed insurmountable to any attack.

Despite being the shortest member during his past two years in the club, [Name] definitely prided himself on being one of the defensive cornerstones of his team considering that half of their team comprised of middle blockers. Any team that was able to get through their wall? Well, they had to deal with him.

And [Name] was as annoying as a libero could get.

——————————————————

Ginjima Hitoshi loved his team, he really did.

Kita was a great captain if you got past the fact that he was one of the scariest people he's met. Akagi was a reliable senpai that was just as enthusiastic and energetic as him. Aran's a powerful ace that always inspires him. Kosaku was an amazing teammate that he could always count on to score points with his serves. Hell, even Suna would always update him on whatever was going on in their school or the team. And the twins... well, they were definitely amazing people.

Most of the time.

"I told ya it wasn't me!" Atsumu had shouted at his twin brother for what felt like the eighth time on the way to watch the matches.

"Like hell it wasn't ya," Osamu sneered at him like he was a cockroach. "Suna saw you."

"He did?!"

"No," Suna simply said while scrolling on his phone. Atsumu let out a squawk at his own confession.

"I should've eaten ya in the womb when I had the chance."

"Like I wouldn't eat ya first!"

Gin let out a sigh at the sight before him as the twins continued arguing about Atsumu eating Osamu's snacks. As much as he liked–not really liked but more tolerated–being the twins' mediator, he was more focused on their first match of Interhigh with the second day being the reason they were at the stadium in the first place.

"Don't ya wanna record this?" Gin nudged Suna before the boy snorted in response.

"I already got enough footage of them on the bus. It's not like it's gonna end soon by the looks of it," Suna shrugged.

"Surprised Kita-san didn't already call 'em out for their antics," Kosaku popped in the middle of their conversation.

"They were sitting at the back of the bus. Plus, they probably waited until Kita-san gave us the clear to watch the other games while waiting for our match."

Gin let out another sigh as the trio followed the twins to the main arena where the first matches had started. Inarizaki's match was later in the day, so they didn't really have to worry about time and decided to watch the other team at Atsumu's whining. He didn't really have to put up a fight considering it was also a good way to scout possible opponents so they didn't really understand why he had to beg for it.