Chapter 33

[Name] treated all the first years like they were his own. Giving advice, making sure they were doing well, and giving moral support. As a result, the majority of them call him senpai without even second thinking about it. If you weren't a first year though... well, [Name] was still nice but looking at how he taught Nishinoya, it felt like he was a completely different person.

"Pfft," [Name] stopped the laugh escaping from his mouth with his hand as he watched the ball slip from Nishinoya's hands and roll over to the side of the court.

"Oy!" A red tick formed on Nishinoya's head as he turned to the libero. "Don't laugh!"

"Dude. You suck."

"Shut up!" Nishinoya went over to him and started pulling on his cheeks. "It's harder than it looks!"

"Eh," [Name] gently swiped Nishinoya's hands off his cheeks before rubbing them. "You'll get it eventually."

"Just show me how to do it one more time!" Nishinoya shouted while holding out one with his fingers. "Then I'll get the hang of it!"

"I really don't think I'm in the proper attire for that," [Name] said as he glanced at the track pants he was wearing with a plain white shirt. "Besides, I already showed you so many times back in Miyagi... plus I'm still kinda sleepy."

Nishinoya huffed before tossing the volleyball into [Name]'s hands as he got ready to throw the ball somewhere in the front row of the court.

Today was 'Nishinoya day' as his childhood friend claimed it, with the duo getting permission to get some special practice in one of the empty gyms of the school. [Name] understood that practicing in private could really help the libero out, though Karasuno was probably suffering without their only libero to help them in their practice matches.

That was a 'them' problem though and they did get permission from Ukai, so [Name] tried not to think about it.

"How's your mom by the way?"

"Dude." [Name] squinted his eyes before letting the ball rest in between his arm and hip. "Do you still have a crush on my mom?"

"Wha– No?!" Nishinoya shouted as his face was slightly red from the accusation. "I haven't had a crush on your mom since I was seven!"

"I don't know," [Name] shrugged before adjusting to hold the ball in between his hands. "That love letter you gave her when we were ten seems really incriminating."

Nishinoya let out a groan before covering his face with his hands. "I thought I told her to keep that a secret!"

"Oh, she did. I just snoop around a lot."

"Asshole."

[Name] let out a soft chuckle. "She's fine by the way. She always asks if you're gonna visit Fukuoka for once instead of me going there."

"What do you say?"

"I just tell her you're kinda busy with school... that and you're scared of trains."

"You better have not!" Nishinoya said before crossing his arms with a smug look on his face. "I faced my fear of trains when I was six!"