Chapter 32

[Name] wasn't going to lie that he enjoyed watching the teams play against each other. There was a certain satisfaction about watching a game rather than playing on the court. Being a spectator meant he could freely pay attention to the entire court without reacting immediately.

His eyes darted between each side of the court, watching Fukurodani and Nekoma place against each other, with each team giving their all. Though he couldn't help but notice two players getting more hyped up than usual. The sound of the whistle rang through once Kuroo managed to block Bokuto's line shot for the third time, each team going to their respective benches to take a short break and discuss the substitutions.

"[Nameeee]!" Bokuto drawled out as he approached the libero who was seated on the bench and flopped down on the seat beside him. "Kuroo's being mean to me!"

"Hey!" Kuroo shouted at the ace before stopping in front of them. "What do you want me to do? Not block your shots?"

Bokuto thought about the question before nodding his head. "Yeah."

A red tick appeared on Kuroo's head as Bokuto leaned against [Name]'s side making the libero let out a breathy laugh. [Name] patted Bokuto's back making the ace sigh in content. "He's only doing his job, Kou."

"But if he keeps doing his job, how're you gonna see my awesome spikes?" Bokuto whined.

"Ha!" Kuroo let out like some weird cartoon villain. "[Name]'s been paying more attention to my awesome blocks!"

Bokuto stuck out his tongue at Kuroo which prompted the other captain to do the same. Meanwhile, Akaashi and Kenma could only look at the two in slight disappointment. [Name] chuckled as he kept patting Bokuto's back while holding out his fist towards Kuroo. "Well, I think you're both doing great. It's fun watching you two play."

Bokuto smiled in contentment while Kuroo bumped fists with the libero. "It'd be more fun if you could play with us," Kuroo said.

"Yeah!" Bokuto agreed as he paused to think of a plan. "Practice with us later! I wanna hit your sets... Is that ok, Akaashi?"

"Yes, Bokuto-san," Akaashi replied before looking at [Name] with a smile. "It would be interesting to practice with [Name]-san."

"Alright!"

The whistle rang through the air signifying the end of the break as the teams began fixing themselves to prepare for the next rally. Bokuto hopped off the bench and gave [Name] a wave before going over to his team.

"You know..." [Name] looked at Kuroo who was still looking at him with a smirk. "You're giving everyone a hard time keeping that owl in a good mood."

"Aw... How could I not when you keep bullying him?" [Name] asked jokingly.

"Haha, go ahead and keep protecting that owl with frosted tips," Kuroo said sarcastically as he proceeded to mess up [Name]'s hair. "But you gotta admit, I'm a pretty damn good blocker now, right?"

"Now?" [Name] looked up and gave him a confused look. "Kuroo, you were always a good middle blocker. Even since when we were kids."

Kuroo paused at that moment and suddenly pushed [Name]'s head facing down prompting a spew of complaints at the sudden action while the middle blocker's face grew red at the sudden compliment. [Name] managed to smack Kuroo's hand off his head and look at the middle blocker with a pout, noticing the faint red on his cheeks. He stared at Kuroo before a single memory popped up in his head, specifically the moment he had to leave Tokyo.

"Oh yeah, I've been meaning to ask you something," [Name] said prompting Kuroo to raise his eyebrow. "The day I moved away..." [Name] immediately noticed the way Kuroo stiffened and froze at the mention of his departure from Tokyo which just made him evermore curious. "What'd you say–"