Chapter 30

Peace and quiet in Miyagi was definitely a rare moment considering that Nishinoya was always with him – not that he ever complained of course. Yet something about listening to the cicadas in the trees while taking a nice walk in the park alone was definitely a change of pace.

He'd have to apologize to Nishinoya later for what he did but it was understandable considering the situation.

"I can't wait!" Nishinoya shouted as he jumped and walked slightly ahead of [Name], turning around and walking backward to face him. "You, me, and my best bro hanging out together!"

"Yeah..." [Name] drawled out as he simply followed Nishinoya around the corner, heading to Tanaka's house.

"Kinda weird that he wanted to surprise me about it though," Nishinoya said while [Name] simply followed him and let out a hum of affirmation. "In fact... he didn't mention it at all?"

Nishinoya squinted his eyes as he slowed down his pace with [Name] simply following in suit.

"This the place?" [Name] asked as the two stopped in front of a traditional Japanese house while Nishinoya gave him a nod. Suddenly, Nishinoya felt a ring in his pocket as he fished out his phone and pressed accept to answer the call.

"Hey bro, we're already outside–"

"RUN!" Tanaka shouted making Nishinoya flinch as he brought the phone away from his ear while [Name] pushed him towards the front door.

"Huh?" Nishinoya let out as the two stopped at the sliding door.

"ITS A TRAP!" Tanaka shouted again to the point where even [Name] heard his voice. "THIS ISN'T A HANGOUT, IT'S A STUDY SESSION!"

Nishinoya's eyes widened as the door opened revealing Ennoshita giving him a small smile before he nodded at the person behind him. "Thanks for bringing him over, [Name]."

"No problem, Ennoshita-kun," [Name] replied whilst ignoring Nishinoya's face of betrayal. "Sorry, Yuu but they said you haven't started on your summer homework and I do have to admit that cramming everything isn't a very good idea."

"You... You tricked me!"

"Yeah..." [Name] inwardly hissed while rubbing the back of his neck. "Sorry about that."

Before Nishinoya could run, he felt a hand on his shoulder as he slowly turned to see Ennoshita staring at him with a slightly threatening smile. "You aren't gonna run away, are you?"

Nishinoya turned around to ask for help only to see [Name] already a good ten feet away, waving at him with a smile. "I'll be back for you later and I'll buy you your favorite popsicles if you finish!"

"You aren't staying here?!"

"Dude," [Name] shrugged. "It's homework. I'm not getting involved in that. Don't be too harsh on him Ennoshita-kun."

"I'll try," the second year responded as he dragged Nishinoya into the house while [Name] sauntered off to explore Miyagi on his own.

He definitely needed to make it up to Nishinoya but for now, he'll decide what he was gonna bring to the week-long training camp in Saitama. The first years weren't really an issue since Hiro made sure everything went smoothly and even sent him an itinerary of what they were going to do.

[Name] was definitely proud of him for that.

The libero simply wandered the streets until he managed to walk through a park. The clouds blocked most of the sunlight so he didn't really mind taking a quick stroll with not many people around. At first, he was just listing the possible things he wanted to bring aside from the essentials which eventually lead to him spiraling into another daydream which just caused him to walk around aimlessly while muttering to himself.