Chapter 2

[Name] has always believed that superpowers exist, not in the sense that people could fly, shoot lasers out of their eyes, or create drawings into real life things but had superpowers that were more subtle. How some people have never got a sprain even when they fell, some people would have all the animals love them for no specific reason, his dad somehow managed to never have a hangover in his entire life despite the man's job basically requiring him to attend events for contracts and signatures.

His power was that he always managed to predict the weather for the day without needing to listen to the forecast. It was just a weird feeling he had by feeling the wind and looking at the clouds.

"It's gonna rain today."

His dad gave him a confused look then looked outside the window to see clear blue skies with not a cloud in sight. He looked back at his son to see him standing in front of the door to their house staring at the sky. The man merely shrugged and grabbed a yellow foldable umbrella from one of the drawers to hand to [Name]. "Here ya go bud."

[Name] took the umbrella and carried it with one hand while grabbing his dad's hand with the other. A few minutes later his mother came downstairs looking neat as usual, smiling at the duo before giving a confused look at the umbrella her son was holding.

"Is it going to rain?" she asked before looking up at the sky.

"Yes," [Name] said while staring at a cat lying down on the stone wall nearby. His mother looked to her husband for confirmation to which the man merely shrugged his shoulders.

"We're only going to the house beside us anyway. I'm sure it's fine," the man said as the family began walking down the street to one of their neighbors that invited them for lunch.

[Name] wasn't really excited about the whole prospect of meeting new people considering they just moved in and settled down a few days ago. His new routine was definitely different considering his parents were a bit busy and he didn't have anyone else to play with. Luckily, they managed to get him a few strategy books about shogi and chess to keep him distracted which worked considering that he spent most of his time in his room practicing the strategies in real life against himself and creating counters.

The little boy stared at the rows of houses down their street, each of them having a standard modern look with two floors separated by walls of concrete or wooden fences. Though, based on the car trip on the way to their home, he noticed that the houses on his street were a bit larger than the other ones.

"We're here."

[Name] looked ahead to see a giant modern house, bigger compared to the other houses beside them. He squinted his eyes as he looked up at the roof of the building admiring the details and the size of it before being pulled by his father towards the front door. His mother knocked against the wooden door prompting [Name] to hide behind his dad while peeking out from the side of his leg. A few seconds later, a woman opened the door and greeted his parents with a small smile. "Ah! It's nice to see you again [Last Name]-san."

"As to you too, Bokuto-san," his mother responded back as the two exchanged conversation.

[Name] looked at the woman with interest in his eyes  analyzing her features and personality. What caught his attention was the woman's long silver hair and golden eyes but the way the woman laughed at something his mother said told him a bit more about her personality. She was definitely laidback but carried a regal aura around her, like a kind queen from the stories his grandmother used to tell him. This woman is loaded, he thought.

The woman suddenly looked at him prompting the little boy to hide his face behind his dad's leg, as [Name] stared at his father's pants and gripped it like his life depended on it.