[The Cat's Plus One]

Renjun instantly looked towards the shouting, seeing a bouncy blonde boy sprinting around the corner.

"There you are!" The boy yells, crouching down beside Renjun. He grabs a hold of the cats lead, turning to Renjun with the biggest grin. "Thank you for stopping him, he likes to mess with me by running away sometimes."

"Oh- um, you're welcome?" Renjun replied, awkwardly smiling, before standing up. The energetic boy leaps up as well, surprising full of energy for someone who had just been chasing their cat.

"I like your hair, it's really cool. The two colours really suit you." The boy commented, referring to Renjun's half black, half white hair.

Renjun was a little taken back by the sudden initiation of conversation. It was interrupting his peaceful night time stroll. "Thanks...ok bye then." As Renjun attempted to walk away, the sound of footsteps trailed behind him. He rolled his eyes, knowing that his goodbye wouldn't be the end of this. 

Spinning on his heals, Renjun faced the boy [+cat], deciding that he'd rather entertain this, than be followed. "You were going in the other direction, did you forget?" 

"No, I just wanted to walk with you." The boy didn't seem phased, still plastering on that beaming smile. "Do you like cats?"

"Ugh-" Renjun groaned. "Yeah, I do."

"Cool, Leon likes you too. He's a bit of an attention seeker though, so I'm not surprised." 

Renjun unnaturally nodded. He didn't ever meet knew people, or talk to strangers. He had his friends, so he never needed to. "Can I ask you something?"

"Go ahead."

"Why are you walking your cat?"

Renjun had heard of people walking their cats, but he'd never seen it before. He actually once wondered if it was a real thing, but evidently, it is.

"He's got a lot of energy, as you saw." The boy chuckled, twisting the top portion of the lead around his finger. "So I use to let him out on his own, but he kept killing birds. Which got the neighborhood committee on my back, telling me that he had to stay inside. That's when I did some research, and found out that I could walk him with a lead."

"But at this time of night?" 

"Well the committee got mad at me again, for apparently 'riling up the dogs', so I can only walk him late at night." 

It made some more sense now, but Renjun was still a little shocked by it. With a meow, Renjun's attention was caught by Leon, who was rubbing himself against his blue jeans. This boy may have been annoying, but his cat was adorable. "Aww you do want attention, don't you?" Renjun cooed, bending down to stroke the cat again.

And like a mirror, the boy bent down too, this time taking a seat on the concrete. Renjun tried to ignore the fact that this action was very unhygienic, and focused on the cute cat instead.

"I'm Liu YangYang by the way."

"Good for you."

Yangyang pouted, leaning himself forward. His hands fell into his lap, loosely grasping the lead. "Why won't you tell me your name?"

"Because I have no idea who you are-"

"That's why we need to introduce ourselves." Yangyang cut in, smiling adorably at Renjun. Reaching out his hand, Yangyang straightened himself up. "Liu Yangyang, 20, currently studying music performance. I play the violin, dance, rap, and love cuddling my cat. I've seen you around university. Plus I know Chenle, so you can trust me." 

Renjun's ears perked up at the mention of his friend, but it honestly meant nothing. Yangyang could tell him his whole life story, and would still be a stranger, because Renjun didn't want him to be anything else. With a coy smile, Renjun shook the boys hand, then stood himself up. "If you want to know who I am so bad, ask Chenle." 

"Fine I will, and I'll ask for your number while I'm at it." Yangyang winked, picking himself off the ground. Renjun's eyes widened, and he began chocking on thin air, causing Yangyang to rush over, patting his back rather roughly. "Oh my God, don't die!"

"[cough] I-I'm n-not [cough]" Yangyang continued aggressively patting the boys back, until Renjun had regained some composure again. "Stop f-[cough] patting me. I'm okay!" 

Yangyang let out a thin laugh, stepping away from Renjun. "Thank God. I can't have such a cutie dying before we even have our first date." 

Taking a deep breath, Renjun just accepted the boys lack luster flirting. His discouragement, would probably do the absolute opposite of what he desired. He had no intentions of dating, ever, it was waste of time, and only ends in heartbreak. Though, most people disagree with this, and Yangyang was probably one of them

"I should get going, it's late." Renjun said, turning himself around again, and wasting no time walking down the street. 

"Well it was nice meeting you! I'm looking forward to finding out who you are!" Yangyang yelled to the figure slowly disappearing off in the distance. Directing his head down, he looked at Leon, who was equally looking up at him. "I know, I think he's the one too."