[Acceptance + Denial]

"I think I might actually be over him. I heard how he spoke to Sunhee in the library, and it's gross. I don't know what I ever saw in him." Renjun said, flinching at the sudden squeal from Chenle. 

They were currently in Jisung's car, thus Jisung was driving, Chenle sat in the passenger seat, and Renjun was in the back. Chenle swung himself around to look at Renjun, plastering on the biggest smile. "Does this mean you like Yangyang?!"

"No it means I don't like Seongjun." Renjun firmly stated, watching Chenle's smile droop into a frown. 

"Okay then, unrelated question. Do you like Yangyang?" 

Renjun groaned, throwing his head back. "I guess, but more as a friend."

"More as!" Chenle dolphin screamed, squirming excitedly in his seat. "So there's a small part of you who sees him, not as a friend, but as a potential boyfriend?!" 

Another groan escaped Renjun, alongside an intense glare at the younger. Jisung looked to Renjun through his rear view mirror, clearly picking up on the annoyance his boyfriend wasn't. He rested his hand on Chenle's thigh, silently beckoning him to calm down.

"Lele, I heard Sungchan say he's going to scream louder than you during the performance." Jisung made up the perfect lie to distract Chenle. 

"What?! That's not even possible! Everyone knows I am the number one boyfriend supporter!" Chenle whined, pursing his lips into a pout. "No ones even gonna hear him, I'll be so loud you can't hear the music."

Jisung winked to Renjun through the rear view mirror, as Chenle started his 10 minute rant about how he'll be louder than Sungchan. Even with Chenle's babbling, Renjun felt relived, since he'd managed to get the over bearing boy off his back. 

____

The trio walked into the complex, a local performance hall of some sort. Jisung quickly said goodbye, kissing Chenle on the cheek, before heading off to prepare for his performance.

Chenle and Renjun wandered into the main room. A large stage sat centered on the back wall, while folded chairs were neatly set into rows. The two boys took their seats near the front, seeing a judges table only a few feet in front of them.

"What are these events like?" Renjun asked, considering he had never been to one before.

Chenle had been attending things like this for a while, starting when his relationship did. Jisung had been on this dance team for years, a team Yangyang was also on. Which is how Chenle met Yangyang in the first place. 

"Well usually the performers come out during their categories. There's the soloists, duo/trios, and groups. Then the judges pick whoever they want to win that category. They'll normally get prize money." Chenle explained, eyes wandering to the stage. "JISUNG!!!"

Renjun slapped his hands over his ears, after that ear wrenching screech. His eyes peered to Chenle, who was waving towards the stage. Jisung had come out onto the stage, for reasons Renjun didn't know. Though he really wished he hadn't, since his ears hurt like a bitch. 

"Could you be any louder Lele?" An unfamiliar voice spoke. 

The tall brunette, sat himself beside Chenle, with the younger scowling at the boy. "Yes I can, and definitely louder than you Sungchan."

"I don't think I doubted that, but okay." Sungchan chuckled. "Who's your friend?"

"Oh that's Yangyang's boyfriend- Ow!" Chenle yelped, the result of Renjun flicking his forehead. "Fine, this is Renjun. He's Yangyang's soon to be boyfriend." He grumbled, rubbing the sore spot above his eyes. 

"I'm Sungchan, do you know Shotaro? He's dancing with Yangyang and Jisung, that's my boyfriend." 

"Not yet, but i'm sure I'll meet him later." 

As Jisung did earlier, dancers kept coming on and off the stage. Renjun was still a little confused by this action, deciding to ask the experts about it. "Why do they keep coming onto the stage?"

"At these smaller events, they let them test out the stage sometimes. They're really relaxed at these things, so they may even come out to talk to people in the crowd." Chenle stated, crossing one leg over the other. "Like what Yangyang's doing now."

Renjun's head snapped towards the stage, seeing Yangyang sitting on the edge of it. Though he wasn't alone, he was speaking to a girl. More specifically a girl Renjun had never seen before. Furrowing his brows, he felt his heart rate increase, immediately wanting to know who that girl was. 

Observing the obviously jealous Renjun, Chenle nudged Sungchan mouthing 'He's in such denial.' A smirk creeped it's way onto his face, snapping his fingers to catch Renjun's attention. "Jealous much?" He teased, watching a thin veil of blush spread across his friends cheeks.

"Shut up, I'm not jealous. I was just wondering who she was." Renjun groaned. He tried not to look at them, but his eyes kept going back there. The way she smiled at him, the way they laughed together. He didn't know why it pissed him off. "He's really not that funny."

"Chill out Junnie, that's his sister."