[Making a Latte-Part 2]

"Wait till it's between 60 and 70 degrees." Renjun instructed, referring to the milk currently steaming. "My parents always joke that none of us are related, considering how little we have in common. I'm super into art, my sisters similar to Hachi, she really likes sports, and my brothers just a dipshit who wants to be some kind of alpha male. My parents think it's a phase, but I think he's just an asshole." Renjun said, answering Yangyang's question about his siblings.

Yangyang laughed, he really enjoyed how relaxed Renjun seemed around him now. He looked down as the thermometer read 63 degrees, so he took the milk out of the steamer.

"Mr Suh loves a caramel latte." Renjun pulled forward the caramel syrup, pumping it into the cup filled with espresso. "Pour half the milk into that cup up there."

Yangyang took the larger mug off the shelf, doing as Renjun commanded. "What do your parents think of your major? Are they supportive of your art?"

"Luckily they are, all they want is for me to be happy. What about you?" 

"They are extremely happy." Yangyang replied, putting emphasis on the 'extremely.' "They picked it for me."

Renjun stopped pumping, darting his gaze towards Yangyang. "You can't let them control your life, you should do things for yourself, not for them. I really hate how selfish some people can be! They get to make their own choices, but won't let their own son. It's so stupid. I really don't understand how you can put up with th-"

Yangyang pressed his index to Renjun's lips, silencing the boy in a instant. The dark haired looked up at him with big eyes, nearly melting Yangyang right at that very moment. He appeared so soft, something he didn't present as often.

"I let them pick my major." Yangyang stated, lowering his finger from Renjun's lips. He moved back to the counter, gripping the counters edge, missing how the boy ran his fingers over the area he had just touched. "I didn't know what to do, so they suggested I study music performance. I'm mainly focusing on the violin right now. Who knows, maybe I'll join an orchestra one day."

"Oh my God, I could never imagine you in an orchestra." Renjun chuckled, pouring the espresso into the cup with the milk. "Pour the last bit of the milk on top."

"I can't either, but I like playing the violin, so I think i'd enjoy it." Yangyang tipped the remaining milk into the cup. He observed as Renjun grabbed a bottle of caramel syrup and pushed it in front of him. 

"Do the drizzle." 

____

For his first attempt, the coffee wasn't bad. No where near Mr Suh's standards, but definitely not bad. "Here, you try."

That creepy smile returned, as Yangyang took the cup from Renjun. "If you want to kiss me, you can just ask." 

"Shut up." Renjun moaned, rolling his eyes. He'd heard all about indirect kisses from Chenle, and he thought they were so stupid. 

Yangyang took a sip [from the same spot Renjun did] his eyes lighting up from the taste. "Mm it's really good." 

"Don't praise yourself too highly, Mr Suh would fire you over that." Renjun chuckled, he placed a few of the dirty dishes in the sink, running some hot water over them. "We can practice again tomorrow, you can go now."

"I'll help you clean up." Yangyang chimed.

"Don't worry about it, there's only a few dishes anyway." 

"But I'd like to help-

"Seriously, I don't need your help, just go!"

Renjun sighed, realizing how harsh that came out. He could see how taken aback Yangyang was, sadly undoing his apron. 

"Renjun..." Yangyang softly said, hanging his apron on his hook. "If I'm bothering you too much, please tell me. I don't want to make you uncomfortable."

"You're not making me uncomfortable." Renjun gazed at Yangyang, speaking as genuinely as he could. "I'm not close with a lot of people, I don't trust easily, and I'm rude sometimes. I think I know what you want from me, but that's basically impossible."

Renjun couldn't really read Yangyang, he was almost expressionless. What was he thinking? Was he taking this well? Was he about the scream? cry? He couldn't figure it out, well not until he started smiling again.

"What if I did the impossible? What if I got you to open your heart up to me?"

"It's only ever going to be a 'what if'"

"You know, I don't agree with that." Yangyang swiftly turned on his heals, walking over to the tables. He picked up his back pack, looking to Renjun as he stood at the door. "I'll win you over, just wait and see."