[The Feelings Mutual]

The cheery cafe music hummed in Renjun's ear, as he poured the steamed milk into the mug. He embellished the latte with chocolate shavings, placing it onto a tray, beside a red velvet cup cake. Gripping the plastic, Renjun took the tray over to table four, giving it to the very pleased customer. 

"That'll only take a few minutes, you can have a seat anywhere you like." Ten said to a lady, as Renjun made his way behind the counter.

The boy took his cleaning rag, wiping down the coffee machine, ready for the next order. 

"One hazelnut latte, with almond milk." Ten called out.

Immediately, Renjun started working on the order. Taking a scoop of ground coffee, and leveling it. Ten took a pre prepared cheese and ham toastie, placing it in the hot press, since the lady had also ordered that.

"How was your weekend? I heard you went to Yangyang's house for dinner." Ten smirked, holding down the lid of the machine. "From an outsiders point of view, it seems like he might be growing on you."

A rosy pink colour flushed to Renjun's cheeks, thinking back to the other night. The way his heart beat skipped when they held hands, how he felt so relaxed laying in his arms. From an insiders point of view, he had already grown on Renjun.

"I think I like him Ten." Renjun blurted out, squishing his eyes shut. He felt really embarrassed to admit that, but he needed to tell somebody about it. Hesitantly opening his eyes, Renjun slowly turned to Ten, who's jaw was basically on the floor. "It's not really that big of a deal, is it?"

"Um yes it is!" Ten stated, looking to Renjun in disbelief. "This is a really really really big deal Junnie! You literally swore off love completely for six months, and now you like someone again."

"Well I'm still not fully sure if I do like him...but I think I do." Renjun said shyly. He bent down to the mini fridge, pulling out a carton of almond milk. He poured enough to fill half of the jug, before putting it under the steamer. 

"Okay, what are you going to do about it then?"

Renjun circled the jug, making sure all of the milk got steamed, pursing his lips as he thinks. "Confess I guess, but I don't really know how to."

"You don't need to worry about that, I'll help you." Ten giggled. "You could [sniff] uh [sniff] what's that smell?"

"Ten!"

Ten jumped back, seeing steam pouring out of the hot press. He quickly lifted the lid, revealing the charcoal toastie. He winced at the sight, awkwardly heading to the front counter.

"Excuse me mam, it'll be more than a few minutes."

____ 

"I'm going to confess to Renjun." Yangyang announced, slamming his hands down on the table. Books bounced up, and flipped pages, pencils rolled off the table, and a water bottle tipped over. 

Xiaojun groaned, picking up his water bottle, which had now emptied itself onto his new notepad. "We had a whole talk about this, let's be less destructive when we're excited, alright?" 

The cheery boy happily nodded, hoping onto the seat across from Xiaojun.

"I didn't think you needed to confess, doesn't Renjun already know you like him?" Hendery asked, re flipping to the page Yangyang had disrupted. 

"Obviously." Yangyang chuckled. He clasped his hands together, resting them on the table in a professional position. "I want to officially ask him out."

"Is he even ready for that?" Xiaojun asked, concern lacing his voice.

"Truthfully, I'll never know, but something just feels right guys." 

Xiaojun sighed, peering away from Yangyang. He was conflicted on whether he should encourage this, or shut it down entirely. This was a big change from harmless flirting, or even a grand gesture. This was the make or break, if Renjun didn't reciprocate Yangyang's feelings, the boy would be crushed.

"If it feels right, I'd say go for it." Hendery cheered. "You could do it at my party on Saturday." 

"That's a great idea." Yangyang said, high fiving Hendery. He felt energized getting approval from his friend, now all he needed was the last boost from the other. "Xiao, be honest, should I officially ask out Renjun?"

Xiaojun remained silent for a moment, face pained. You could visibly see the inner struggles he was facing, not knowing how he wanted to answer that. 

"What do you say Xiao?" Yangyang asked once more.

A laugh escaped Xiaojun, as he threw his hands up. "Who am I to stop you?"

Yangyang leaped over the table, wrapping his arms around Xiaojun. His smile went from ear to ear. "Thank you!" 

"Why are you thanking me?" Xiaojun questioned, pushing Yangyang off him. "All I did was not shut down your idea."

"Yeah, and that's supporting me. I'm thankful for that, I really am." Yangyang replied, pulling Xiaojun's half soaked notepad across the table. "Now let's brainstorm."