[Cat Walk]

"Do you really think Mr Suh will approve of my latte now?" Yangyang asked, hope filling his voice.

"I think so." Renjun replied, gently elbowing Yangyang. "As long as you don't freak out like last time."

"I'll try." Yangyang giggled.

The midnight breeze swept through the air, as the boys approached the bridge. Yangyang gripped the lead in his left hand, guiding the Abyssinian cat beside them. The park was quiet, but it was ten in the evening after all. 

This felt really nice, just a simple cat walk, no pressure.

The cobble stone clicked under their feet, walking onto the bridge. Renjun took himself to the metal railing, looking over the pretty view of the river. The moonlight shimmered against the liquid, casting light rays over the rippling stream. He pulled out his phone, not being able to resist capturing this beautiful moment.

"I never got to thank you properly, you majorly saved my ass from Mr Suh." Yangyang said, leaning himself on the railing beside Renjun, with Leon curling up neatly by his shoes. "I know you didn't want to hear it yesterday, but thanks."

Renjun glanced to Yangyang, before looking back over the river. "You're welcome."

A calm silence fell upon them, only the chirp of crickets filling the air. Yangyang felt his heart beat increasing, wondering if it was the best time to bring up what happened. On one hand, he really wanted to apologize. On the other hand, he felt content with Renjun just forgetting the thing even happened at all. 

"I'm sorry." Yangyang blurted out. "I shouldn't have overstepped. I just wanted to do something special, to show you how... how special you are to me. It was stupid, so I won't ever do that again."

A moment of silence over took them, with Renjun's eventual sigh breaking it. "It's okay." He said, turning his gaze to Yangyang. "If it was for any other person, it would have been lovely. It just wasn't the right approach for me."

"I get that now, which is why I changed things up." Yangyang cheerfully stated. "You like cats, you like going on walks. I mean what could be better than a cat walk?"

"You're really not giving up? Even after all that rude stuff I said about you?" Renjun's voice was full of guilt. He felt really bad that Yangyang had heard what he said about him, when it was all just spur of the moment rage.

"I needed to hear it." Yangyang replied, dropping his head lowly. "Sure it stung, but it was my fault really. I-"

"Geez I swear you go from one end of the extreme to the other."

"I hear that a lot."

Renjun chuckled, softly grabbing the boys hung low chin, forcing his head all the way backwards. "I hate mopey people, get that in your head" He lightly groaned, releasing his grip on Yangyang's jaw.

The boy sprung his head forwards, rubbing that spot on his chin. He laughed along with Renjun, cherishing this more playful side of him. 

"I sincerely apologize for what I said in the classroom. No more sad Yangyang please." Renjun stated, booping Yangyang's nose, before walking off the bridge.

Yangyang stood there stunned, it was the smallest little gesture, but it proved one thing. Renjun was becoming more comfortable with him.

With a spring in his step, Yangyang hurried off the bridge. Pulling the once settled Leon, behind him. He caught up to Renjun rather quickly, which wasn't even hard, since Renjun was just walking normally.

"That blue haired friend of yours, the one who looked really pissed during your little performance. Who is he?" 

"Oh that's Xiaojun, my roommate, he's my most reasonable friend. You'd probably like him." 

It had been bugging Renjun, from that day at the library. It was good to finally know who he was. "And that other guy, the one in the security uniform?"

"Hendery." Yangyang chimed.

"Who else do you hang around with?" Renjun questioned, followed by a sniffle. The cold was seemingly attacking his sinuses now. 

"Just them in uni, we met through the university performance department. Hendery really likes comedy, and Xiaojun loves to sing, we kind of gravitated towards each other." Yangyang replied, stopping to let Leon sniff a leaf. "Then outside uni, just my friends from my dance team. People like Ten obviously."

Renjun hummed, having heard about his friendship with Ten at work. "I'm guessing Chenle already told you about my friends."

"Yup, but I only know names, nothing else."

"Well there's six of them, so I won't go through them all. To sum it up, they just harp on me for being single. They're all gay for each other, and I'm just there most of the time." Renjun explained, finding his own breakdown rather humorous. "They'll have a field day, when they hear about this walk."

"So they like teasing you?"

"Likes an understatement."

"Then how about we give them something more to work with? I have this dance competition on Saturday, do you wanna come?"