[Walk You Home]

The two hour lecture came to an end, with Renjun feeling exhausted. Yet again, had they discussed the project, with his teacher even showcasing some of the other students sketches as examples. They were all so much better than his, and he thanked the lord that his hadn't been shown. He had no idea how he was actually going to get this project done, things were not looking good at the moment.

As Renjun packed his things, he realized he was the only student left in the lecture hall. He could see his teacher staring up at him, dreading the fact that he probably wanted to speak to him. Renjun made his way down the stairs, attempting to make a b line for the door.

"Hold up, I think we better talk." Professor Kang stated, looking expectantly over at Renjun. 

Renjun scratched his nape, awkwardly walking over to his professor. "I know."

Taking a seat on the edge of his desk, Professor Kang crossed his arms over his chest. He gave off that vibe that he was disappointed in his student. "You were the top of my class last year Renjun, what happened? You send me these perplexing designs, that make no sense. I really can't understand it." 

"I'm trying, I really am." Renjun sighed, fiddling with the hem of his hoodie. "I just have no clue on what to do. I feel extremely disconnected from the topic."

"There's only one solution, get connected with it. And if you can't, then you'll fail, it's simple as that Renjun." Getting off his desk, Professor Kang walked around to the other side, beginning to shuffle some of his paperwork. "Now off you go, I'll see you on Friday." 

Renjun nodded, turning away from his professor. He took heavy, defeated steps as he left the room, wanting to just collapse into a ball of misery. Life was so stressful, and he just wanted to let the darkness consume him-

"Huang Renjun! I hope you had a fantastic lesson!" Without warning, Renjun found a coffee cup shoved in his face. Pushing it down, he could actually see the bringer of this beverage. Still wearing that classic smile, Yangyang forced the cup into Renjun's hand. "Vanilla latte, your favourite, if I'm not mistaken."

Could this day get any worse? First his friends, then his lecturer, now Yangyang, what else was going to disrupt his day? 

"Let me guess, Chenle told you." 

"Mm hmm."

Renjun wasn't sure if he was allowed to be annoyed anymore, it was like his friends job to disrespect him. "This feels kinda stalker-y, stop asking Chenle about me." He said, starting to walk down the corridor.

"Does this mean you'll actually tell me stuff about you?" Yangyang asked, excitedly skipping beside Renjun. 

Yangyang's smile confused him, he wondered how anyone could be so happy. Especially when he was talking to someone like Renjun, he knew he wasn't the most warm person on earth, other than his friends, people were never that excited to see him. 

"I guess I'll have to." 

Fist pumping the air, Yangyang let out a cheer. "I knew I'd win you over! So where are you going now? Do you want to get some food with me?" 

"No sorry, I've got a lot of work to do. I'm going home." This actually wasn't even a lie, Renjun had that project which was taking up all of his free time. 

"Oh okay, I'll walk you home then." 

"You really don't-"

"I want to!"

Freezing his movements, Renjun looked to Yangyang. His twinkling eyes, and cheeky grin, were proving nothing other than he actually wanted to spend time with Renjun. There was no use rejecting this offer, since Yangyang would probably just follow him home anyway.

"Fine." Renjun sighed. 

Yangyang did a cute little hop, hearing Renjun agree. He positioned himself close enough beside Renjun, so that their hands could 'accidentally' touch from time to time. He was making his move, taking heavy inspiration from dramas he watched. Soon Renjun would be melting at his presence, or at least, he hoped. 

____

Honestly, the walk home wasn't as painful as Renjun had expected, he hated to admit it, but Yangyang wasn't the worst company.

"You can't just say you're a rapper, I want you to prove it." Renjun giggled.

"Pfff, have some faith in me, I'm actually really good you know." Yangyang playfully nudged Renjun, biting his lip as he pulled himself away.

"Go on then."

"Maybe I'm damaged
But babe I'm a savage
Come through with the crew
You know that you knew
You in it so crazy, we flexin'-"

"Okay so that's obviously pre-written, I wanna hear some freestyle." Renjun gave Yangyang a side glance, with a smirk tugging at his lips. "Or are you not good enough for that?"

"Oh I'm good enough." Yangyang smugly responded, even though, on the inside he was panicking. Things were going so well with Renjun, he didn't want to embarrass himself now.

"Um ok, here we go...
My baby Renjun, he so fine,
It won't be long till I call him mine, [yeah]
He shut off now, but I'll open him up,
I think he'll look real cute when we fu-"

"Enough!"

Yangyang sucked his teeth, putting his hands up as a sign of surrender. Renjun looked very annoyed, but not really surprised, as he sped walked ahead of Yangyang. It probably would have been better to play it safe, but oh well, Yangyang liked having his cards on the table, and he did wanna fu-

"Wait up!" 

____

I know nothing about coffee, so I picked vanilla latte because it's my mums favourite. My go to is a chocolate frostino from Costa, it's sooooooooo amazing.