[I Trust You]

Renjun exhaled, laying back on the blanket, the night sky staring down at him. The stars shimmered brightly, dotted across the darkness, circling around the crescent moon, illuminating the sky. 

Turning his head, he looked to Yangyang. The boy laying by his side, and already looking at him. His soft features easier to see up close. Renjun found himself preferring this view. 

"I'm sorry about my sisters, I really tried to get them to behave." Yangyang said, his voice gentle, coming out just louder than a whisper. "I just can't get anything right, I feel like everything I do ends up either annoying or upsetting you."

"Not everything, just most things." Renjun chuckled softly. 

A smile tugged at Yangyang's lips, but something was evidently wrong. It had no heart, as if it was forced on. 

"Don't be disheartened, I had a good time tonight."

Doubt hid behind his eyes, displaying the fears he had about losing Renjun. It was more vulnerable than Renjun had ever seen him before. Yangyang didn't believe in what he said, it was just pity to him.

"When you first started bugging me, I honestly believed you'd give up after a day or so. Though you just kept showing up, even after I told you this was impossible, that we were impossible." Renjun said, his eyes staring straight into Yangyang's. "I'm guarded, closed off, because I've been hurt before. I didn't think I'd ever tell you about this, but you deserve to know." 

Renjun took a deep breath in, letting the fresh night air fill his lungs. He was about to do what he never wanted to, open up to Yangyang.

"There's this guy at our university, his name is Seongjun. He was my first boyfriend, my first love, my first everything. We dated for over a year, and I genuinely thought we'd be together for a long time." He could feel himself tearing up, the way he always did when being reminded of the good times with Seongjun. "But h-he-" 

"It's okay Junnie, you can do this." Yangyang grabbed Renjun's hand, intertwining his fingers with the boy. He gave a smile, much more like his usual, full of affection and care. 

It made Renjun feel safe, like he could keep going. And the Junnie, Yangyang had never called him that before, never even used a nickname with him. Maybe he was scared of overstepping, but Renjun liked the way it came out of his mouth so naturally. 

"But he broke my heart, or more appropriately, ripped it out and stomped on it. I walked in on him sleeping with some girl, and apparently, he'd been cheating on me with her for months. It really fucked me up; I put everything into that relationship, gave my everything to him. And for what? For it to get thrown back in my face." Tears trickled down his pale cheeks. 

"I'm scared Yangyang."

Bringing his thumb to the boys cheek, Yangyang gently wiped his tears. "Scared of what? I wouldn't ever do what he did to you."

"But how can I trust that? There was a time when I never thought he'd do that to me either." Renjun responded skeptically, pushing Yangyang's hand away as he spoke. "I don't want to be hurt again, p-please d-don't h-hurt me..."

As the tears poured, Renjun felt his body pulled close. A warm feeling rushing over him, strong arms wrapping around his small frame. A hand brushed through his dark locks. He felt comforted, he felt safe. Pushing his head into the crook of the boys neck, Renjun let out choked sobs, whilst being held by Yangyang.

"Shh Junnie, I won't hurt you. I'm not capable of that." Yangyang muttered, continuing to stroke the boys head. "You'll never need to worry that I'm going to change, because what I've shown you, is who I really am."

Little sniffles escaped Renjun, as he pulled his head away. His body was still being held, meaning their faces were only separated by a few inches. Renjun looked into Yangyang's eyes, they were so honest, so pure. He didn't know how it happened, or when, but he felt like he could trust the boy. 

With a small push, Yangyang now lay on his back, allowing Renjun to rest his head on his chest. "I trust you." 

"I'm glad Junnie."

The two boys laid under the stars, closer than they had ever been before. Finding a small piece of serenity in this hectic world, within each other.