[Don't Give Up]

The lights switched off, leaving Yangyang in darkness. He took the last gulp of his milkshake, before getting up, and dropping the cup into the sink.

"I don't think he's coming, it's probably better if you go home." Ten said, swinging his bag over his shoulder.

"Yeah I know." Yangyang sighed. "Thanks for the milkshake, it was really nice."

"No worries." The keys jingled, as Ten took them out of his bag. "Get your stuff, I'm locking up now."

Yangyang nodded, grabbing his bag from the back room. He wandered outside, to where Ten was waiting for him.

He couldn't describe how bad he felt, he never wanted to make Renjun so angry. He thought he was doing a nice thing, to show him how much he cared, but obviously, Renjun didn't see it that way.

A hand tapped his shoulder, snapping him out of his thoughts. Ten hadn't left yet, instead he was standing in front of the mopey boy.

"Don't give up." Was all he said.

Yangyang watched Ten walk away, feeling something bubbling in his stomach. Those words may have been all he needed.

____

The tears wouldn't stop falling, as Renjun cried into his pillow. He'd been like this for hours, ever since he got back to the apartment. His eyes were red, sore, and his cheeks were stained with tears. His voice had turned raspy from the screams he muffled into his pillow. 

How could Yangyang just throw that word around? Sing about love, when what was going on between them, was far from it.

Leaning himself over his bed, Renjun grabbed a box from under it. The plain brown box planted itself on his sheet, whilst he just stared at it. Pulling off the lid, more tears slipped from his eyes. This box was filled with memories, everything he couldn't throw away.

On the very top, a Polaroid. A picture of him and Seongjun, looking happier than ever. 

Yangyang was the same as Seongjun, not understanding the true value of love.

Renjun traced his finger over the Polaroid, bitterly smiling at that once happy time. Things can change so quickly, slipping away from you before you even realize. 

"You'll leave me just like he did..." Renjun weeped, placing the Polaroid back in the box. He placed the lid on, sliding the box back under his bed. 

Once out of sight, Renjun collapsed backwards. Gripping his sheets, as he cried into them. He stayed like that for a good few minutes, soaking himself in the misery.

A few gentle knocks tapped Renjun's door. "Jun open up please." Jeno said softly, knocking the door again.

Renjun closed his eyes, taking in a deep breath. He carefully pushed himself up, looking towards the door. Part of him just wanted to ignore Jeno, and go back to crying. Though he found himself walking to the door, opening it only a sliver of the way.

"You need to eat." Jeno stated, gazing affectionately at his friend. "I have this for you." He lifted up a white plastic bag. 

Renjun didn't say anything, taking the bag from Jeno. 

"If you need to talk, we're always here to listen. If you need to cry, we'll be there to hold you. Don't suffer alone Jun, not when you have us." Jeno didn't hang around, leaving the boy after delivering his heartfelt message.

Renjun shut the door, ambling to his desk. The bag crinkled as he opened it, seeing all of his favourite foods inside. He had good friends, he really loved them.

____

"Did he take it?"

"He did."

Yangyang stood in the hall of Renjun's apartment building, feeling so relived that the boy accepted the food. 

"You didn't say it was from me right?"

"Nope, just like you asked."

Jeno lent himself against the wall, scowling slightly at Yangyang. He was the reason Renjun was upset, it was fair for Jeno to be annoyed. 

"I'm not one to get involved in drama, but I'll protect my friends at all costs." Jeno said, with a stern tone. "Renjun's fragile, especially when it comes to dating and love. You need to be careful, he gets overwhelmed easily. I don't want to see him this upset ever again; meaning you need to stop with these bullshit antics, and actually do something that'll make him like you." 

Yangyang was glad that Jeno ended his sentence like that, he genuinely thought that he was about to tell him to stay away from Renjun. He appreciated Jeno's concern, and was willing to take that into account.

"Understood." 

He may have messed up this time, but he was determined to get it right.