[All of the Reasons]

Xiaojun gripped his bag of snacks, staring at the boy on the bin. "What are you doing?" He asked, watching Renjun look back at him.

"Yangyang won't let me in, so a boy's gotta do what a boys gotta do." Renjun replied, turning to the wall. "It's my only option."

Xiaojun shook his head, continuing down the alley. "Have fun with that."

He wasn't sure of Renjun's intentions, but this was going way to far. He started to wonder if it actually was more than just guilt, and that there may be more to the story.

Reluctantly, Xiaojun stopped, spinning himself around. He could see Renjun struggling to grip the wall, jumping up multiple times, but slipping back down onto the bin. Why would he ever have thought that was a good plan? This was some sort of stupid shit Yangyang would have come up with.

"Get off the bin you idiot!" He shouted. "I'll let you in!"

Renjun didn't waste a second, climbing down from the bin, and running over to Xiaojun. "I appreciate that." 

Xiaojun hummed, walking himself to the front of the apartment. He input the four digit code to get in, letting Renjun inside first, then following after. The air was filled with an awkward tension, as the boys waited for the elevator. Their exchange earlier wasn't the most pleasant, with Xiaojun basically denouncing Renjun's authenticity, and leaving him to helplessly wander the streets. 

"You didn't let me answer." Renjun blurted out, capturing Xiaojun's confused gaze. "To why I'm doing this." The elevator pinged, signalling the doors open. The duo made their way in, standing side by side in the enclosed space. "Of course I feel guilty, I said some really horrible things to him. Though I'm not just going to apologize and disappear from his life. I really like him Xiaojun, and if he forgives me, I want to tell him that."

He looked to Xiaojun, who remained silent. There seemed to be a lot on his mind, evident from the elongated sigh he let out.

"I'm sorry I didn't listen to you, I was just annoyed." Xiaojun uttered, meeting Renjun's gaze. "The last thing I want for him is to get false hope, that's why I needed to know you were serious about him."

"I really am." Renjun reinforced, which Xiaojun nodded to.

Before they even realized it, the elevators doors opened, revealing their desired destination. The two boys ambled down the hall, stopping outside Xiaojun and Yangyang's apartment.

"His room is the first one on the right, it should be unlocked." Xiaojun stated, swinging open the door of the apartment. "I'll be in the kitchen if you need me." He added, leaving to put his snacks away.

Renjun stood frozen for a moment, all the what if's running through his mind. He didn't know what he'd do if Yangyang didn't forgive him. A few weeks ago, Renjun wanted nothing to do with the boy, but now, he honestly couldn't imagine a life without him. Even today was extremely painful, not being able to see his precious smile.

Pushing down all his nerves, Renjun reminded himself that he could do this. He swallowed the lump in his throat, ignoring the knots in his stomach, taking himself to Yangyang's room.

He knocked a few times, waiting with his hand on the handle, for a reply. He heard 'come in' shouted from the other side of the door, giving him his cue to go in.

Renjun slowly pushed the door open, peeking in to the relatively small room. A shelving unit ran along the left wall, with a desk sitting under it. Then a bed lent against the right wall, where Yangyang lay, face illuminated by his laptop screen. 

"What took you so long? I'm starving." Yangyang moaned, eyes fixed on his screen.

Renjun unnaturally walked further into the room, perching himself on the edge of the bed. "Xiaojun's taken your snacks to the kitchen"-Yangyang instantly looked to Renjun in shock-"I can go get them for you if you'd like."

"W-what are you doing here?" Yangyang choked out, sitting himself up against the wall. 

"I needed to talk to you, or more importantly apologize."

"Apologize for what? You were only saying how you felt. I'd rather you be honest with me, and if I'm really annoying you that much, then I'll leave you alone." 

This was really hard for Renjun to hear, because he knew that no matter what he did to Yangyang, the boy would always blame himself.

"No, I do need to apologize, so just listen to me please."