[Putting the Work In]

"Hey Ten." Renjun said, continuing to tie the back of his apron. 

The older male smiled to Renjun, whilst carrying over a tray of brownies. "Hey Junnie, how's your day been?" 

Renjun groaned, thinking over the question. Today had been just another day of stressing about his assignment, and having Yangyang follow him around. So not really the greatest. 

"I'll take that as my answer." Ten chuckled, sliding the tray of baked goods into the display case. "What's bothering you? Is it school?" 

Ten had been working with Renjun for around 8 months now, at a cafe near the university. They had grown quite close over the time, which is why Renjun felt comfortable confiding in the older.

"I guess, it's more of a mix of things. There's actually this boy I met-"

"Ooh do you like him?" 

"No!"

Ten flinched, nearly dropping the second tray, this time full of cupcakes, on the floor. 

"Sorry, I um, no, I don't like him. It's the complete opposite." Renjun sighed, leaning himself against the counter. "He wont leave me alone. Like he's constantly bringing me things I like, and asking stuff about me. It's really annoying."

"That sounds kinda cute though, he obviously really likes you." Ten said. He'd moved over to the coffee machines now, wiping them clean with a damp cloth. 

"He hardly knows me." Renjun scoffed. 

"Well that's why he's asking stuff about you, at least he's making an effort." Ten replied, glancing to the clock. "And speaking of effort, can you please get to work, we're opening in ten minutes." 

Renjun nodded, walking over to the freshly cleaned coffee station, he began prepping some coffee for the usual morning customers. 

"Oh Renjun, I forgot to tell you something. We have a new staff member joining today." 

The younger didn't pay much attention to this, since they had a constant slew of new employees. The owner was extremely picky about who he hired, so if they didn't get his approval in a week, they were gone. 

"Huang Renjun! What a coincidence!"

Scrunching his face, Renjun slammed the cup of scolding coffee on the counter. He had no care for the hot liquid dripping onto his skin. His whole focus was on that voice, that frustratingly familiar voice. Renjun gripped the counter, slowly turning his head towards the smiling boy, who was waving at him.

Ten stood in between them, looking to Yangyang, then back to Renjun, then to Yangyang again, and back to Renjun. It suddenly clicked. "Oh I see." 

Bouncing past both males, Yangyang grabbed an apron off the hook, swiftly draping it over himself. "It's good that I get to work with my dad and my boyfriend, I mean what more could I ask for?!" 

"Dad?"

"Boyfriend?"

Ten and Renjun said at the same time. They looked to each other, both muttering in unison. "This kid."

"Um Yangyang the trash is full, can you take it out for me?" Ten asked, pointing to the bin bag laying beside the door. 

"Of course I can!" Yangyang chimed, happily grabbing the bag, and taking it out.

With Yangyang temporarily gone, Ten glanced to Renjun, who seemed to only be getting angrier. "If I knew it was Yangyang annoying you, I would have never helped him get the job. He goes to dance with me, so I just wanted to help a friend out." 

Taking a deep breath, Renjun almost accepted his fate. It was kind of surprising that he hadn't seen this coming, but with what he knew about the owners standards, it wouldn't be long until Yangyang was fired. He could deal with a week.

"It's alright, It's not your fault. Just don't tell Chenle that he works here, he might actually die from excitement."

"About that-" Ten awkwardly scratched his nape, avoiding eye contact with Renjun. "I think he was the one who told Yangyang you worked here."

Renjun's eyes widened in annoyance, dropping his jaw to the ground. 

"Who are you guys talking about? Lele?" Yangyang lept over the counter, taking an obliviously happy spot beside Renjun. "He did indeed inform me that you worked here. Then I found out Ten worked here too, and it was so convenient."

"I told you to stop asking Chenle stuff." Renjun huffed, pouting slightly as he spoke, something Yangyang cooed at. 

"I can't help myself, I just wanna get close to you." 

"Okay alright, that's enough. You're here to work, not flirt. Now Renjun continue prepping the coffee, I can already see some customers waiting outside. Yangyang, sweep up the back room, and then bring that last tray of cookies through. I'll be on the till." Ten took charge, since he was the manager after all. 

Yangyang hurriedly headed to the back room, hoping to do his task super quick. That way he could spend more time with Renjun. 

"I know you're not ecstatic that he's here, but I will need your help training him." Ten said, as he walked over to the front door. He flipped over the sign, now reading 'we're open', and pulled open the door. 

Great, now he had no other choice, then spending one on one time with Yangyang. Renjun's luck just wasn't good at the moment, he really wondered what he did, that made him deserve this mess.