[Sometimes]

Mr Suh placed his cup on the counter, not appearing happy. His hands were on his hips, as he looked to Yangyang with an intense glare. His drink had barely been touched, which was not the best omen. 

"This drink was despicable Yangyang, it's not even close to acceptable." Mr Suh bluntly stated. "I didn't think it was possible for someone to be so bad at making coffee. What do you have to say for yourself?"

Yangyang looked down at his shoes, it felt like he was being scolded by his parents. "I'm sorry." He mumbled, nervously fiddling with the hem of his apron.

"Sorry doesn't cut it unfortunately. We have standards at this cafe, that's why we're rated highly. If I continued to let you work here, I'd be disregarding the trust of my customers. They come here for great service, and even better catering. I'm sure if you were served that coffee, you'd be simply disgusted..."

"Oh no, he's giving him the talk." Ten gulped, watching the conversation from the door frame of the back room. "This is painful." He'd heard 'the talk' many times before, but it stung a little bit more this time. Yangyang was his friend, of course he didn't want him to get fired. 

Renjun lent against the opposite side of the door frame, feeling this twisty feeling in his stomach. He could see Yangyang's disappointment, pitifully nodding to Mr Suh's scripted rant. 

"This isn't right." Renjun took a deep breath, before coming out of hiding.

"Renjun don't-" Ten tried to pull him back, but Renjun kept walking. He had no idea what the boy was playing at, and at this rate, he was going to get himself fired too.

"You must understand that I cannot let you continue working here. Please remove your apron." Mr Suh finished. 

Yangyang let out a sigh, untying the back of his apron. This was really it, he'd messed up as usual. 

"Excuse me, Mr Suh." Both males turned their heads to Renjun, who approached the two confidently. "You can't fire Yangyang." A small tug could be felt from the back of his jumper, Yangyang's silent way of telling him not to do this.

"And why shouldn't I?" Mr Suh asked, cocking a brow.

Renjun glanced to Yangyang, giving a reaffirming smile. "I made the coffee." He stated.

Mr Suh was shocked, almost speechless, and he was never speechless.

"Renjun please." Yangyang's whisper was ignored, as Renjun kept talking.

"Yangyang burnt himself while making the coffee, that's why he had to run out of the room. I decided to make the coffee for you myself, but I'm having a rough day. It was no where near my best, and I'll do better next time. My apologies Mr Suh." 

"Is this true?" Mr Suh asked, directing it at Yangyang.

He stood their for a second not knowing how to answer. Renjun got tired of waiting, delivering a jab to the boys side. 

"Uh y-yes, yes it is." Yangyang choked out.

"Well then you're not fired. Though I will need you to make me a latte next time I visit." Mr Suh replied, turning his gaze to Renjun. "Don't let this happen again Renjun." He said sternly.

As the man exited the cafe, Yangyang had never felt more relived. He got to keep his job, at least for now. "Thank you so much Renjun, you really didn't have too." 

"I don't wanna hear that soppy shit, try focusing on making a good coffee instead." Renjun hissed, though there was an underlying playfulness to his voice. "Stay behind tonight, we'll go over latte's again."

"Eye eye captain." Yangyang giggled.

Renjun couldn't help but smile, swiftly turning his back to Yangyang so he couldn't see. "Take that ladies order, I'm going on a break." 

He wandered to the back room, feeling eyes following him as he sat on the break couch. "What? It's not a big deal."

"Ugh yes it is." Ten said, walking into the room. "Why did you help him?"

Renjun threw his head back, sighing. He thought back to a couple days ago, to a very key moment. 

"Thanks for the food Jaemin, it actually made me feel a lot better." 

"Oh Junnie, it wasn't me, nor Jeno. Jeno actually told me not to tell you, but Yangyang brought you that food."

"What! Did Yangyang come here?! How come no one told me?!" 

"He thought you wouldn't eat the food if we told you it's from him. I think he actually cares about you Junnie. He wanted you to be happy, even if that didn't stop you hating him." 

"...I don't hate him." 

"I just wanted to help him, I can be nice sometimes."