[Piqued Intrigue]

"Do you guys know Liu Yangyang?"

Renjun's question came rather randomly, as he hadn't spoken for the whole time he was sitting here. He seemed to be trapped in his own head, clearly having something on his mind. 

"Why do you ask? Do you have a crush on him?" Chenle teased, receiving an intense death glare from the older. 

"No of course not, it's just-" Renjun paused. He kind of regretted asking now, but he knew his friends were annoying, so it wasn't unexpected. "I met him last night, and he was a bit weird." 

"That's kinda rude Jun." Jeno said, throwing his arm over his boyfriend. 

Jaemin cuddled into his boyfriends side, nodding at his boyfriends point. "Being weird isn't always a bad thing, at least that means he's not boring."

Rolling his eyes, Renjun pushed down his frustration. "Whatever, just forget I said anything-"

"But we can't! I have some juicy gossip that I cannot keep to myself." Chenle chimed, smugly standing up from the table. Taking out his phone, the boy swiped for a second before lifting it in the air. "Behold! I will be the one who finally gets Renjun a boyfriend!" He proclaimed. 

"Can you bring it down?! None of us can even see that." Haechan complained. 

Chenle flicked his head to the side in annoyance, sighing as he brought the phone down. 

"You gave him my number!!!"

The other six boys laughed, watching Renjun die inside. Dropping his head in his hands, Renjun ran them up and through his hair, before throwing his head back. 

"You won't be the single one anymore." Jisung chuckled, patting Renjun's shoulder patronizingly. 

Shrugging off Jisung's arm, Renjun grabbed Chenle's phone, ignoring the dolphin screech the younger let out. He wanted to read this message properly, to see what the hell Chenle had actually done. 

YangX2

Who's that cute Chinese boy you hang out with?
I want to know everything

CutieLele

Omg! YES! This is amazing!!!
He's sad and single!
Please tell me you're gonna change that!!

YangX2

I plan on it😏
Now spill!

CutieLele

His name is Huang Renjun
He's in his second year like you
Studies digital design

YangX2

And his number...

CutieLele

[Linked contact number]

YangX2

You're the best Lele!

"Oh my God! You're far from the best! Why would you give him my number?!" Renjun yelled, sliding the phone back to Chenle.

Chenle caught his phone just before it fell off the table, tucking it back in his pocket. "You should actually be thanking me for not telling him what a shriveled up old hag you are." 

Renjun bit down on his tounge, he got no respect from his friends. 

"Come on Junnie, you haven't dated, or even fucked anyone in six months. This is your opportunity. You can't deny Yangyang is hot." Haechan immediately felt his thigh grabbed, and eyes burning through the side of his head, his boyfriend didn't seem to happy with his comment. "Calm down Markie, I'm not interested in Yangyang."

"Good, not like I'm worried." Mark said, rubbing his hand along his boyfriends thigh.

"So what's really the problem with Yangyang having your number, it doesn't mean you have to date him. You could literally block him straight away if you wanted." Jaemin stated.

Chenle moaned at the thought. "Don't give him ideas, I need my ship to sail!" 

"Hate to break it to you, but that's never gonna happen. I don't want to date anyone, you know this." Renjun replied. He rested his elbow on the table, leaning his head against his hand. This was a conversation they'd had many of times, but it always kept getting brought up. He was tried of it by now. 

"We do, though we just want you to be happy Jun." Jisung said softly. "Seongjun was a dick, but not every guys like that. I mean look at us, me and Chenle, Haechan and Mark, Jeno and Jaemin, we're all in healthy, and happy relationships. Maybe Yangyang could be the right one for you." 

"You should at least give him a chance." Chenle added, taking a calmer approach this time. "He's really great, I think he'd be good for you." 

All eyes were on Renjun, as they usually were in this friend group. It's like they cared about his love life more than anything else on earth. No matter how much he told them he didn't want to date, they just didn't listen. There was no need to give Yangyang a chance, because that only gives him the opportunity to break his heart. 

"Thanks for your guys concern, but i'll be ignoring it, per usual." Renjun said, getting up from the table. He swung his back pack over his shoulder, picking up his tray of half eaten lunch. "I'm gonna head to the library, see you later." 

As Renjun walked away, the group looked at each other. They knew this was going to be hard, but they had one glimmer of hope. Renjun had actually asked about Yangyang, he never, and I mean never asks about guys who show interest in him. So there was a small chance, that Renjun might actually have a thing for Yangyang.