[The Sacred Latte]

"I told you it wouldn't work." Xiaojun said. He wasn't smug in the slightest, since he'd just heard about how upset the gesture made Renjun. He felt no pride, considering the boy was really hurt. 

"Yeah yeah I know, but I had good intentions at least." Yangyang replied, kicking a pebble as he continued down the street. "Plus it's partly Hendery's fault; he was the one who came up with the idea." 

Hendery groaned, slapping Yangyang's arm, he ignored the boys whimper. "I came up with an amazing plan, then spent all my money on that dumb security costume, and I can't even get a thank you. It's not my fault you didn't tell me he's allergic to grand gestures." 

"How was I meant to know?"

"Some sucky stalker you are." Xiaojun scoffed, shoving his hands into his pockets. 

Yangyang rolled his eyes, mimicking his friends behavior. It was nearly the end of February, so it would hopefully warm up soon. 

"Anyway, what's your next big plan?" Xiaojun questioned, fake interest lacing his voice.

"I don't have one."

Xiaojun stopped dead in his tracks, causing his friends to look back in confusion. The male furrowed his brows, and parted his lips, totally and utterly in shock.

"What's wrong?" Yangyang asked. Suddenly Xiaojun ran up to him, shaking the boy violently. "W-what t-the h-hell X-xiao?" He said, through the vibrations.

"Where's Yangyang?! this can't be my friend!" 

Yangyang stared to Xiaojun in curiosity.

"I've known you for a long ass time Yangyang, and I've witnessed all of the stupid shit you've done. Which is why I'm telling you dead straight, get a fucking plan!" 

"But that's what messed me up last time." Yangyang moaned, pouting his lips. 

"Okay I'll rephrase, get a good fucking plan." Xiaojun laughed, ruffling the boys blonde locks. "I'll help you-"

"So will I!" Hendery cheered.

"Over my dead body bitch." Xiaojun hissed. "No more idiotic advice, from now on, if you need help, come to me. I'm the only one around here with brain cells."

Yangyang nodded happily, walking alongside his friends. With the sign of the cafe in eye sight, he'd arrived at his destination. The wave of nerves rushed over him, since he was about to see Renjun. He knew it was going to be really awkward between them.

____

"Mr Suh's here." Ten whispered, gesturing to the man strolling over to the counter. "Yangyang take his order."

Yangyang gulped, nervously standing by the till. He knew he had to impress Mr Suh if he wanted to keep working here, but from the sounds of it, it wasn't going to be easy.

"Good afternoon! Can I take your order?" Yangyang spoke as cheery as he could, with the biggest smile on his face.

"Ah yes you can Yangyang, I bet you've been expecting me." Mr Suh said, watching Yangyang enthusiastically nod. "I'll have a caramel latte please." 

"It shouldn't be too long Mr Suh, you can take a seat." Yangyang hurried off to the coffee machine, desperately trying to remember what Renjun taught him. It had been three days since the private training, and he hadn't been able to perfect the latte yet. 

His movements were flustered, evident when he spilt the grounded coffee, and when he burnt the milk. Things were not looking good for him.

Renjun glanced to Yangyang, as he finished up a latte for one of the other customers. He really wanted to help him out, but he couldn't bring himself to speak to him. 

"Shit, there's no milk in here." Yangyang cursed, looking into the empty fridge. He jumped up, sprinting to the back room, nearly bumping into Ten on the way there.

Ten put his hands up, narrowly avoiding the stressed out Yangyang. "He's not coping well." He said, grabbing the cloth and disinfectant from the counter. 

Renjun hummed in response, taking a brownie from the display case, and placing it on a plate. He took the latte, and brownie, over to one of the trays, placing down some cutlery wrapped in a napkin also. 

"I'll take that over for you, just let me clean table three real quick." Ten headed off to the table, wiping up a spillage one of the customers had. After, he returned back, taking the complete tray over to table seven. 

With no warning, Yangyang came barreling out of the back room, milk in hand. He quickly steamed the milk, and did his best to make a reasonably well presented caramel latte. 

"Put it on a tray." Ten commanded, an order Yangyang followed quickly. "And a napkin." Yangyang neatly laid a napkin next to the beverage. "Thank you." 

He'd never been that nervous in his whole life, this was way scarier than you'd think. If Mr Suh fired him, he wouldn't know what to do. Putting Renjun aside, Yangyang was actually enjoying working here. He didn't want the fun to end.