[What Love Means to Me]

Huang Renjun <Neomail.com>
-To Professor Kang. Y

Hi Professor,

I know you only recently approved my first sketch, but I've decided to scrap that idea. Even though I still find relation to that piece, I don't believe it fully represents how I feel about this brief.

Let me explain, 

Love is such a complex feeling, it can bring you extreme happiness, and it can bring you similarly extreme pain. For that reason, many people avoid love entirely. It could be out of fear, it could be related to being hurt in the past, it could be because someone doesn't think they are worthy. Though, you can't ever escape it.

Love will follow you. From the friends that stand by your side, protecting you with all they have. To the family who welcome you, even if you don't share the same blood. It could come from the things you enjoy, hobbies, talents, or from things you'd never expect, like a cat running from its owner. 

Overall, love is messy, or more specifically, [pardon my language], a shit tip dumpster fire of emotions. Though if you meet the right person, this mess doesn't seem so bad.

So what does love mean to me? I can't really say.

However, I do think that the purest form of love comes from cats. That's why my piece is about cats.

[File attached]

 ____

Professor Kang. Y <Neomail.com>
-To Huang Renjun

Hello Renjun,

I like this piece, keep up the good work,
Professor Kang.

____

"Thank the lord." Renjun smiled, staring at the response he got from Professor Kang. He took a huge risk changing up his project again, but it paid off. It was like a huge weight was lifted off his shoulders.

"Knock knock." 

Renjun faced the doorway, seeing Yangyang tapping the door. 

"You don't have to say knock knock, just knock."

"I know that silly." Yangyang chimed, walking into the room. He grabbed both of Renjun's hands, pulling him out of his desk chair. "The movies about to start."

Hand in hand, Renjun headed with Yangyang to the living room. It was the first night, of their newly founded tradition, couples movie night. Unsurprisingly, a Chenle idea.

"Titanic is the ultimate love story!" Chenle squealed. "It's my movie night I should get first pick."

"Yeah but it's so depressing." Jaemin replied.

Renjun rolled his eyes taking a seat on the couch, Yangyang took the spot next to him, snaking his arm around his waist. Jeno and Jaemin sat on the same couch, with Mark and Haechan taking the other. Chenle and Jisung sat on beanbags, in front of the couch. 

"I agree, I don't want to watch this." Haechan said, snatching the remote from Chenle's hand. "Lets watch Clueless." 

Chenle pouted, attempting to take the remote back. 

"Doesn't she date her step brother in that? It's a bit weird." Jeno commented.

"Emphasis on the step, it's not weird, since they're not related. You're the one making it weird."

"I think we should watch my best friends wedding." Mark stated, taking the remote from his boyfriend. 

"No I hate rom-coms about weddings." Jisung groaned. 

"What?! Rom-coms about weddings are the best!" Jaemin said, leaning over to grab the remote off Mark. "27 dresses is the best, lets watch that." 

Renjun knew this would happen. Putting all of his friends together, and telling them to pick a movie, a total recipe for disaster. If he didn't interfere now, they'd surely be fighting all night. 

Plucking the remote from Jaemin, Renjun scrolled through the rom-com watch list. He wasn't the biggest fan of rom-coms himself, but there was one in particular he'd grown to love.

"We're watching 10 things I hate about you, no discussion."

"Wow someones sentimental." Chenle cooed.

"Yeah, got a problem with that?" Renjun playfully snapped, as Chenle shook his head. "Now everyone can shut up and enjoy the movie." 

The movie began, settling the rowdy bunch down. Each person cuddling close to the one they cherished. 

Renjun lent his head on Yangyang's shoulder, feeling comforted having the boy by his side. He didn't know what future had in store for them, but he didn't need to know. He trusted Yangyang, he trusted that he wouldn't break his heart. 

And who would have thought? It all started with a boy walking his cat. 

____

Thank you for reading!

I hope you enjoyed the story🥰