[Heartbroken to Heartbreaker]

Yangyang sprinted after Renjun, following him through the crowd. He pushed past person after person, keeping his eyes on the black and white hair in the distance. He took a moment to catch his breath, once on the other side. 

His eyes peered around the room, catching a quick glimpse of Renjun leaving through the front door. Yangyang followed quickly behind, finding Renjun half way down the hall. "Junnie!" He called out, but Renjun only glanced over his shoulder, before continuing around the corner. 

Yangyang darted down the hall, taking a hard right down another. He couldn't see Renjun anymore, but he couldn't have gone far. With a slam, the door to the stairwell caught his attention.

Footsteps echoed through the stairwell, as Yangyang chased Renjun down five flights of stairs. 

Renjun pushed open the door to the lobby, sprinting through the empty room. The cold wind engulfed him, as he stormed down the street. Yangyang quickened his pace, finally catching up to him. He grabbed the boys arm, stopping him from walking away.

"Seriously Renjun stop!"

Renjun turned himself around, yanking back his arm."Fine! Since you won't fucking leave me alone! What do you want?!"

"I'm sorry if I upset you back there, I was just trying to look out for you." Yangyang said, in a frustrated tone. "That guy, he's the one who hurt you-"

"Yeah, and why does that concern you?" Renjun cut him off, crossing his arms over his chest.

"Because I like you Renjun, you know this." 

Renjun scoffed, rolling his eyes at the comment. "Well I never asked you to like me, I never wanted you around. These past few weeks have been a nightmare for me. Do you know how frickin draining it is to have an annoying, bouncy, idiotic kid bugging you all the time? No, you don't. I'm the one who had to deal with that." 

Yangyang's heart dropped, was that really what Renjun thought of him? 

"I told you from the start, I wanted nothing to do with you, and I feel exactly the same now. You're nothing but a reckless, pathetic, inconsiderate stalker! You don't care about me." Renjun continued. 

"Of course I care about you, don't be ridiculous!" Yangyang had never seen him like this, not even on the day of the gesture. This wasn't the same Renjun he knew, and he had no idea where his Junnie had gone. 

"If you cared about me, you'd leave me the fuck alone! I want you out of my life! Stay away from me, stay away from my friends! Don't show up at the cafe, that's my job, I worked there first! Don't bring me coffee to my lecture! Don't even smile at me in the hall way!" Renjun snapped, taking a deep breath in. Gritting his teeth, Renjun prepared himself for the last of his message. Once he'd say this, they'd be done, no going back. "I want you to listen to me very carefully, and get this through that thick skull of yours," 

"I. Hate. You."

That was it. Those words cemented that Renjun had in fact broken Yangyang's heart. He felt helpless watching Renjun walk away. He couldn't follow him after all he said. He really didn't know what he was meant to do. He was just trying to protect Renjun, and it ended in him hating him. 

Tears welled in his eyes, standing frozen on the pavement. 

____

Lele

You don't even wanna know what
I just saw, better tell Hendery
to get new sheets
ANYWAY
Did you find Renjun???

YangX2

Yeah I did

Lele

And??????????

YangX2

He told me he hates me

Lele

No way!
Don't believe him
He must be drunk

YangX2

You should have heard him
I think he really means it

Lele

He can't, he likes you
I promise
Don't give up on him

YangX2

Honestly Lele
There's nothing more I can do

Lele

Shut up
We'll fix this
Come upstairs

YangX2

I've gone home
Have a nice night

Yangyang shut his messages, putting his phone on silent. Then placed it into a draw next to his bed, and rolled over. He pulled the blanket over his head, hiding himself under the covers. Only then did he cry, letting the tears pour down his cheeks. He turned his body over, crying into the mattress. Muffling his sobs, that became more, and more intense. Turning into full on, heart wrenching screams into his mattress, soaking it in the tears that wouldn't stop falling.

He'd never felt this defeated in his life. Whenever something bad happened, he could pick himself up again. He was resilient, he always had been. Though this time, he really couldn't see himself being ok. 

Renjun was never a game to him, he never saw him as some prize to win. He saw him as a beautiful, hard working, talented soul, who didn't need him. He respected him, and hoped that one day he'd get the privilege to stand by his side, as someone who meant something to him. 

Yet things didn't work out like that, and Yangyang would have to come to accept it.