| forty three ; revival of the shadow monarch

the shadow in the light

chapter forty three; revival of the shadow monarch

─── 。゚☆: *. .* :☆゚. ───

"the fear of death follows from the fear of life. a man who lives fully is prepared to die at any time."

─── 。゚☆: *. .* :☆゚. ───

a/n: we're approaching the end of solo leveling, both here and the actual solo leveling. bittersweet but i'll be doing chapters of y/n and jin-woo's life after the whole plot ends. (don't worry you're not gonna die, i'm not the type of author to do that.)

a powerful wind pressure being generated at the same time with an explosion of light forced the beast and frost monarch back. the two regained their posture, their brows furrowing at the sight of a new presence.

"a fragment of brilliant light!" the frost monarch shouted.

il-hwan's body was now burning in golden flames. the light was the symbol of the rulers.

"the worst disaster is coming out from the body of the human you are trying to protect!" the frost monarch cried out. "are you really trying to bring disaster upon this world by your own hands?! are you really risking your life to aid the shadow monarch's revival?"

il-hwan didn't reply and instead glared upon the two sovereigns. the frost monarch's expression hardened after confirming the man's decision.

the beast monarch looked at the monarch of frost and said, "we don't have much time."

the frost monarch nodded his head, and lifted his ice trident.

"you can take care of the beast. i still have a score to settle with the monarch of frost," y/n said to il-hwan. her eyes had returned to normal but the markings on her arm stayed there. the male nodded his head and readied his daggers.

instantly, the two monarchs split up and faced the two vessels. il-hwan made the first move and rained down a ceaseless barrage of attacks, distracting them as y/n slid behind them, sending light blasts at their backs.

the ice trident neared her face after a second and y/n allowed it to slip past her face before hitting the frost monarch with another light blast.

il-hwan dodged the attacks of the beast monarch rather easily, making sure to throw out his counterattacks every now and then.

with the mark of lumen, reading the trajectory of the ice trident was made easier and gave y/n more opportunities to respond to them accordingly.

y/n snapped her fingers and a spike made of light dug its way into the frost monarch's stomach, putting a short pause to his attacks. she grinned when the monarch looked at her in fear and shock.

the frost monarch rushed towards her and pointed his ice trident at her. y/n spun away and kicked the ice trident out of his hands. she grabbed his left arm and moved behind him, throwing the monarch over her shoulder and onto the floor.

the monarch slid his leg, sweeping y/n off the floor. she landed with a thud which gave the monarch enough time to recover and grab his trident again.

"you're starting to piss me off," she mumbled under her breath and got up on her feet.

the frost monarch ran towards her and y/n used ruler's authority, grabbing the huge pieces of rubble around them and threw it at him. the frost monarch slammed them away with his trident and y/n neared him, sending blast after blast at the monarch.