C H A P T E R 60

~

The little child shook in bed, tears streaming down their face as their mother held them close.

"I'm so sorry Y/n... I should've been here..." But Y/n couldn't talk. they didn't want to, in fear that their father would comeback.

Sooner or later they had fallen asleep, but woke up in the middle night. The house was quiet, and for the first time, calm. They grabbed their blanket and, thanks to their dad, cracked ipad and went up to the roof of the house. The weather outside was nice, unlike how they were feeling.

They were hungry but didn't feel like eating, so instead they just watched the stars. Waiting for something, anything, to happen.

Y/n heard small footsteps and looked down to see a small puppy. It was a german shepard. They scoffed and picked up their blanket, looking back at the stars. The dog barked and Y/n quickly looked down to it again.

"Shush it you dog-" The blanket fell down their lap and on the ground next to the dog. Y/n sighed and went inside their room, put on their shoes, then went to go get their blanket again. In the living room sat their dad, who was passed out due to alcohol, as usual. They went through the back door and found the blanket, the dog laying on it.

"shoo pup! Go-" The dog rubbed against Y/n's leg, tail wagging. He seemed to know that Y/n needed comfort. Y/n sighed and picked him up, petting him.

"My parents would never let me have you... but you must be hungry." They took the blanket and the dog and went in, searching for something he can eat. They found a carrot and gave it to him in small pieces.

"You should get going now, if dad sees you he'll hurt either me or even worse, you." The little puppy went running back into the woods, and Y/n thought that would be the last time they'd see him.

A week later the same dog came back, this time on Y/n's bed. Y/n dropped their book bag and looked at it.

"What are you doing here?" The dog jumped down from the bed and gave Y/n a note.

'If you're seeing this note then this dog has been left by it's owners. The owners could not care for this dog anymore. Do what you will with this dog. His name is Arrow.'

Y/n frowned and pet the puppy.

"You poor thing... you've been abandoned. It's ok, I'll try to care for you as much as I can without my parents finding out."

~

"Y/n do you hear me?" The h/c haired person snapped out their thoughts to look at their manager.

"Uh, what?" He sighed and pinched the bridge of his nose.

"Can you write the checks for them, I have some things to attend to." Y/n nodded and grabbed a pen. "oh and before I leave can I talk to you privately?" Y/n furrowed their brows but nodded, closing up the cap. Getting up to follow the blonde, Y/n's hand slightly shook.

"Well, because of what happened, The label is thinking of having a bodyguard around you again." Their eyes widen and shook their head.

"No no no I can't have another one around me. You know how much I hate it. Please." Nathaniel sighed and looked at them.

"Look, if you have another alternative then be my guest-"

"What if my friends stayed with me instead? They were the ones who helped me anyways so why wouldn't-"

"And you think the label would allow that? Y/n I've been in this industry for years, there are things I've seen happen that would tear a person down. Never would they allow something as silly as that to happen." Y/n huffed and rolled their eyes.