01 || Prologue

(3rd Person P

(3rd Person P.O.V)

Years ago, on the Isle of the Lost, when Mal and Maya were 6, they were not just friends with the Vks, they also teamed up with the daughter of the Sea witch, Uma for all kinds of mischief. The trio was the best of friends and unstoppable as everybody on the isle feared them. However, when they were 12, Uma and Maya attempted to prank the especially mean Cruella De Vil while Mal was busy getting grounded by Maleficent. Well, let's just say that this prank led Maya to seemingly fall off the docks and into the ocean. Instead of helping the poor girl up, all Uma did was laugh at her and left her in the water by herself.

Luckily for Maya, a certain pirate was watching her from afar. When he saw what had unfolded in front of his eyes, he thought that Maya was drowning as she was raising her hand up in the air and splashing the water around her, but in reality, she was just letting her anger out. Without any hesitation, he jumped into the water to save Maya from drowning. He grabbed Maya's hand and started to pull her out of the water.

Once both of them got out of the water, Maya was utterly confused as the person who pulled her out of the water was none other than Uma's first mate, Harry Hook. Maya had heard about Harry being awfully close to Uma, but she had never spoken or interacted with him before.

"Thanks for pulling me out of the water Hook." Maya chuckled as she was a bit embarrassed that somebody had seen her fall into the water and she stared at the ground trying not to make eye contact.

"E-err yea, no p-problem m-may I mean matey. Just b-be careful next time, those umm...d-docks can be very slippery." Harry replied as he stuttered a bit as he could not believe that Maya knew who he was. There were many famous villain kids on the isle, but Harry has never considered himself one of the famous villain kids on the isle.

You see, Harry had a crush on Maya ever since Uma had become friends with the two twin sisters. When he first saw her, he was captivated by her beauty as she was the most beautiful girl he had ever laid his eyes on. Even though he hated that Uma would leave both Gil and him halfway when they were playing pirates, he got to see Maya almost every day as the two sisters would always pass by his father's ship to find Uma to cause some mischief on the isle. What caused Harry to fall in love with the girl, even more, was that she is very loyal to her friends and if anybody on the isle messes with her sister or the Vks, she would without hesitation make sure the person pays for their mistake. He admires her bravery in standing up to people who bully those who are close to her.

Just as Maya was about to walk back home to complain to Mal about what Uma had done to her, Harry suddenly spoke up, "Ermm... Maya if you don't m-mind since it's getting quite late, I           c-could  m-maybe send you back home."

"Sure?" Maya said while raising an eyebrow.

As Harry and Maya were walking, they started talking to each other and realized that they had a lot of things in common. Soon they reached Maya's house and they both said their goodbyes. Just as Maya was about to open the door, "Umm...Maya. I had fun today, w-would you l-like to hang o-out with me some other day? I-I mean you don't have to if you don't want to..." Harry said while stumbling with his words but before he could finish, Maya cut him off.

"Yeah sure, how about tomorrow night? I'll sneak out and meet you at the alleyway near your father's ship?" Maya said with a genuine smile on her face. She then kissed Harry's cheek and waved goodbye to him before heading towards the door and going into her house.

All Harry could do was stand there in shock as Maya had just kissed him on his cheek. He waited for Maya to close her door before he decided to head back home.

The next day, Maya started plotting her plan to get her revenge on Uma for laughing at her when she tripped and fell into the water. Both Mal and her dumped a bucket of shrimp on Uma to show her that if you mess with one of the sisters, you mess with both of them. Maya then got everyone to call Uma, Shrimpy. No matter how much Uma tried to wash her hair, the disgusting smell never left her hair.

Even though Maya dumped a bucket of shrimp on Uma and made the Vks and Uma enemies, both Harry and her relationship grew even stronger, and they soon started falling in love with each other as the years went by. They would always secretly sneak out of their house to meet each other at the secret hideout that they found together just so that none of their friends would ever find out about their relationship. Harry knew that if Uma or any of the VKs found out about his relationship with Maya, both of them would be goners.

A/N: Hello, for those of you who are new to this book, please bear with me a little as I know that Harry will only be making an appearance later on in this book. I'll be mentioning Harry in some chapters in descendants 1 & 2 so that you guys will get to know a little back story/flashback of Maya and Harry.