33 || Asleep

3rd Person P

3rd Person P.O.V

"Help me, Mal! Maya!" Celia calls out.

"Yeah, save your little friend, Mal!" Audrey yells causing Mal's eyes to turn green as she is covered in purple smoke before emerging as a dragon. Mal flies to the top of the building to find Celia and Audrey. Mal blows a fireball at Audrey, who then uses the scepter to absorb it. Audrey then tries to zap Mal with the scepter.

"Help me, Mal!" Celia calls as Audrey grabs her.

"Careful not to fry your little V.K. buddy," Audrey taunts Mal, who then tries to ignite the ember with her flame.

"Help me, Mal!" Celia calls again. Audrey then zaps Mal's wing causing her to start falling.

"Screw this," Maya tried to change into her dragon form but, she was still in her human form "Oh my god! Why am I not changing?"

"We're stronger together," Uma calls as her necklace starts glowing.

Mal dropped the ember and I caught it, "We're stronger together. We're right here, Mal! Maya! Regain your might and ignite. We're right here, girl. We're right here. Regain your might and ignite!" Uma yells as I held out the ember and it regains its glow again.

"Yes!" Harry cheers as Uma laughs excitedly while Maya threw the ember up into the sky and Mal caught it.

"You want a piece of this, huh?" Audrey taunts Celia.

"No, no!" Celica cries as she cowers. Mal appears behind Audrey, who turns towards her laughing evilly. Audrey tries to zap Mal but she uses the power of the ember to fight back as her eyes start shining.

"Go, Mal!" Celia cheers.

"Yeah come on!" Maya cheered her sister.

Soon, Mal is covered in blue smoke and she lands on the roof, but suddenly Maya also collapses onto the floor like Audrey and Uma and Harry quickly rushes to her side.

"Mal!" Celia says as she runs and hugs Mal.

"Celia. It's okay. I've got you," Mal says as she hugs her back. Mal then walks over to Audrey, who hasn't moved. "Audrey?" Oh, no." Mal tries to use the ember to wake her before her father's voice plays in her head, "You're both only half Hades. The ember won't do everything for you two that it does for me."

---------------------------------------------

"She's slipping away," Evie says. Mal shares a look with Evie and Looked at the bay window where Maya is at and sighed.

"There's only one person in the world who might be able to do something about this, and that's Hades," Mal explains to them.

"Hades?" Ben asks. "He wouldn't do it. I wouldn't risk it."

"Actually, he might do it for Maya and me. He's our father," Mal tells him causing everyone to look at her in shock.

"Okay. Well, I'll have to send guards to get him," Ben says as he tries to process everything.

"Maybe I can hitch a ride," Uma tells him. "The Isle is my home. Someone needs to be there to protect it."

"Well, then, you will need your first mate," Harry says as he walks over to Uma and looks at Mal sadly who was just lying there.

"Hey man, what about Maya?" Jay questions Harry.

"I have no choice, Maya belongs here with you guys. I'll never stop caring about her, but this is where she belongs and she's happier here." Harry tells him.

"The Isle will be in very good hands," Mal tells Uma with a smile.

"Can I go, too? I wish I could be in both places," Celia asks causing Mal to look down sadly. This was all her fault and she had to find a way to make everything normal again.

"I really think that Evie was right," Mal says as she stands up." And...I do think that we could've been friends. And I'm really sorry that I lied to all of you guys. You deserved so much better than that."

"You were just trying to do the right thing," Jay tells her.

"Yeah," Uma agrees before Mal looks over to her friends sadly.

"I get it," Evie says as she stands up as well. Before Uma, Gil, and Harry left, Harry went over to Maya and kissed her on the lips as a goodbye as he knows that this will be the last time he ever see her.

------------------------------------------------

Hades is escorted into the room and Mal walks over to him.

"Thank you for coming," Mal tells him.

"Didn't have many choices," Hades tells her.

"Can you wake her?" Ben asks him.

"Since when do heroes care about villains?" Hades asks.

"She's..." Ben starts.

"One of your own" Hades says already knowing where he was heading. "Right. When you guys try to destroy the world it's an error in judgment. But when it's one of us lock them up and throw away the key. Right Beast?" Beast then glares at Hades before Hades holds out his hands. "Yeah. I'm gonna need to use my hands." Mal looks at Ben, who then nods for the guards to uncuff him. Hades holds out his hand for the ember before Mal gives it to him. Once the ember was in his hand, his hair turns to blue flames. "Haven't lost my touch." Hades turns to Beast and growls causing Beast to growl back.

"Dad!" Mal says causing Hades to stop. Hades stands at the end of Audrey's bed before the room turns blue. Hades waves the ember around before Audrey sits up on the bed and the room goes back to normal.

"Audrey. You're okay," Queen Leah says as Audrey looks around her surroundings. Hades flips the ember in his hand before his hair goes back to normal and walked to where Maya was and did the same thing he did for Audrey to wake up as Mal and Audrey talk to each other.

"Hey, honey. You feeling better?" Hades asks.

"Dad? What are you doing here and why did I pass out." Maya asked him.

"Well, Mal and you are half Hades and I guess you gave some of your powers to the ember, which explains why you passed out," Hades says and Mal quickly went to hug Maya after she saw her waking up.

They cuff Hades' hands behind his back before leading him out of the room. Mal and Maya then quickly follow them out.

"Dad!" Maya calls causing Hades to turn back to her and Mal. "Now we're gonna have to miss you all over again,"

"Thanks for a glimpse of the sun," Hades tells them with a smile. Mal and Maya walk over and gave him a kiss on the cheek. Hades hands Maya the ember as he turns to be led away. Maya holds the ember close to her before looking at Mal who was thinking about her decision about closing the barrier down for good.

A/N: Hi friends, so erm...don't know if you can tell but I sort of lost interest in writing this book but I manage to push through this cause I didn't want to discontinued this book. But yeah, next chapter will be the last and finally chapter that I would be writing. Hope you guys have enjoyed reading this book as much as I have enjoyed writing this book.