06 || The Museum Of Cultural History

(Maya's P

(Maya's P.O.V)

"Come on," Mal says as we run towards the Museum Of Cultural History.

"Check your mirror," I told Evie when we got near the museum.

"Is my mascara smudged?" Evie asked.

"Yeah. And, hey, while you're at it, why don't you see if you can find us the wand?" Mal said obviously annoyed at Evie.

"Sure. This way." Evie told us and she led us to the entrance of the museum. The five of us peeked inside to see a guard who was looking at some surveillance cameras. The guard then turned his chair in our direction and we all ducked down quickly so that we wouldn't get caught. We look back inside again and notice Maleficent's spinning wheel.

"That's your mother's spinning wheel?" Jay says while he and Carlos start laughing. 

"Yeah, It's kinda dorky," Carlos added.

"It's magic. It doesn't have to look scary." Mal says while I pull out the magic book to find a spell to make the guard touch it. "Magic spindle, do not linger. Make my victim prick a finger." I say and nothing happens.

"Impressive," Jay says.

"I got chills," Carlos added and they both started snickering.

"Okay, you know what? Will the two of you shut up? Prick the finger, prick it deep. Send my enemy off to sleep." I say again and the guard suddenly stands up from the chair and starts walking towards the spinning wheel, the guard then touches the spindle, and soon after that, he is sent off to deep slumber.

"Not so dorky now, huh?" Mal says with a smirk and when she tries to open the door it is locked. I then passed her the book but before she could find the spell, Jay went towards the door, "Stand back," he said as he backed away to kick the door.

"Make it easy, make it quick, open up without a kick." Mal reads and the door opens by itself.

"Ahh!" Jay shouted as he jumped to kick the door open but it was already opened thanks to Mal's spell.

"Coming?" Mal asks as she kicks him lightly.

"Come on, Jay," Carlos says as he lifts Jay up but he just pushes him away.

"I'm good." He told Carlos and he walked away.

"Just trying to help," Carlos answers before following behind Jay.

"Shhhh," I say as we all creep around quietly to find the magic wand.

"Carlos," Mal whispered loudly, but not as loud as the guard would wake up.

"Coming," Carlos replied before following us.

"So close. Upstairs." Evie says as we run behind her.

"Come on, guys. Almost there." I say as I point toward the stairs. After a while of running around the museum, we came across a room that showed wax figures of our parents being displayed.