31 || Beast?

Maya's P

Maya's P.O.V

"Ben! Ben!" Carlos calls as we walk through the forest following Dude. "Dude. Come on. Nothing?"

"These things just grow everywhere," Gil says as he plucks a couple of blueberries out of the bush and ate them. "Hey, we should play the icebreaker. Um, Jay, I like the way that you can bounce around and jump off things. These are free right?"

"Yeah. Um..." Jay chuckles while trying to find something nice to say to Gil. "I like how you get a kick out of a berry bush."

"I guess you've probably seen everything by now, huh? Furry rocks. Giant fish.  You're probably used to grabbing lunch off of a bush." Gil says.

"No. I mean, no, not really. I mainly just use the vending machines at practice. You know, Tourney kind of eats up most of my time. So..." Jay says and pops a berry into his mouth

Harry laughs when he heard that Jay was in Tourney, "Tourney, that's a wee boy's game." Harry says which causes me to smack his arm.

"Hey, you know what would be fun? To go rafting on a jungle river." Gil says.

"Find a lost civilization," Jay replies.

"Oh, or maybe a penguin," Gil says.

"Oh, well, you'd find those more in like icebergs, but I'd love to see one of those," Jay says.

Before I could stop Harry from saying something stupid that would ruin their bonding, it was too late, Harry walked up to them. " You guys are killing me. He uses his hook to grab a berry and pop it into his mouth. "P.S., your mutt went that way."

With that, we all continued following Dude. "Boy, something stinks. And it wasn't me this time," Dude says as he turns back to them. A beast then jumps out of the bushes.

"Watch out!" Carlos says as he pulls Gil out of the way. Jay then pulls Harry out of the way.

"You need some serious nose adjustments," Harry tells Dude.

"I'm not so sure," Carlos argues as the beast lets out a growl.

"Did Audrey do that? Huh! I thought I recognized those pants," Jay says in agreement.

"Oh, he's got a boo-boo. That's why he's so cranky. You know, my dad said that his dad did not handle pain well at all," Gil explains causing Ben to growl at him.

"You're good with animals. Do something," I tell Carlos and push him closer to Ben.

"But...Okay. All right," Carlos says before walking over to Ben. "Hey, Ben. It's me, Carlos, all right?" Ben growls before swiping at Carlos. "Ben! Ben! It's Carlos, all right? You know me. You helped me once. Remember, with Dude? Right? Let me help you. Come on. Let me see your hand. All right. Attaboy. Beast...King...So...Whatever." Ben holds his paw out to Carlos. "Oh, yeah. That's a big one. Uh...I'm gonna count, all right? One..Two. There it is. You did it."  Jane suddenly came out of nowhere and started spraying water at Ben.

"Hey. Oh my gosh, I was so worried. You didn't show up. I didn't forget your party. I got scared she got you too. I know I forgot to call. I'm so glad you're all right," Both Carlos and Jane say at the same time and quickly, before they hug.

"All right. You good?" Jay asks Ben.

"Yeah," Ben answers.

"Take a seat right there, okay? There you go," Jay tells Ben as the both of us help him sit on a tree trunk.

"Oh, that was funky," Ben says with a chuckle.

"It was? Is.." Jay corrects as he motions at his bread and fangs.

"Huh? Oh, wow." Ben says as he feels his bread and fangs.

"You look like you need another blast," I say before grabbing the water gun from Jane and I started spraying Ben.

"Please...Please stop," Ben says as if nothing happened.

"Huh. It's enchanted lake water. I guess it can only do so much," Jane says.

"Well, well, well," Harry says as he walks towards Jane. "Harry Hook. And you, my little duckling are...ravishing." This made Ben, Jay and I look at each other in confusion.

"Okay. Ravishing and taken..just in case anyone was confused." Carlos says as he wraps an arm around Jane protectively.

"Hold on. Who's side are they on?" Ben asks as he stands up.

"They escaped and joined us," I answered him.

"And Mal has the ember, which is our only to stop Audrey. Details to follow." Jay added on.

"Hades' ember? Has Mal gone back to the Isle?" Ben questions as he worries about Mal.

"I said details to follow. We're meeting up with Mal, Evie, and Uma. Let's go," Jay explains to him and with that, all of us left the forest.

------------------------------------------------

3rd Person P.O.V

"Hey, it's your babe," Celia tells Mal as she turns around causing Mal to gasp and run for the door.

"Ben!" Mal calls causing Ben to quickly hug her.

"I always knew you'd be part of the solution," Ben tells Uma causing everyone to smile.

"What's is this?" Mal asks as she messes with Ben's beard.

"Oh yeah," Ben says as he shows it off.

"I could get used to this," Mal says with a smile.

"You like it?" Ben asks her.

"I love this," Mal answers him.

"What about those?" Uma and Maya ask her as they walk over and motion about his fangs.

"No," Mal says as Ben smiles.

"I like them," Ben tells her causing Mal to smile and roll her eyes.

"Okay, so, we all think that Audrey could be at Fairy Cottage. We have no idea where it is. Did she ever take you there?" Mal explains to Ben.

"Every Fairy Godmother's Day," Ben answers her before turning to Jane. "Where is Fairy Godmother when you need her?"

"I wish I knew," Jane answers him.

"Doug! Go with Jane. We need to Fairy Godmother." Ben orders them.

"They might need some muscle," Uma tells Ben as she walks over.

"Hey," Doug says offended while Gil looks at his own muscles.

"Well, I'll go," Gil says.

"Yeah, actually, I would feel better," Carlos says as he hugs Jane.

"Yeah, actually, I'd feel better, too," Evie agrees.

"Sane," Both Maya and Mal say as they stand beside Evie.

"Actually, I would too," Doug says.

"All right, man. Let's do it. Let's go, Jane," Gil says excitedly.

"Be careful, okay?" Carlos tells Jane.

"I will," Jane says and she hugs Carlos again. Gil, Doug, and Jane leave to find Fairy Godmother. Harry walks over to Maya and hugs her from behind as they watch their friends leave them.