19 || Back On The Isle

(Maya's P

(Maya's P.O.V)

Before I headed to my room, I met Evie on the way and we decided to head back to our room together. When we entered our room, I saw a familiar ring on the table along with a note. As I read the note, I looked at Evie worriedly, "E, Mal has gone back to the isle." I say as I passed the letter that Mal wrote to her.

The both of us then sprinted out of our room and quickly rushed to Ben's office to tell him that Mal went back to the isle. Evie open Ben's office door and knock on it, "Ben?"

"Evie! Maya!" He says as he stands up, "Come on in." Both of us entered his office and closed his door right after we entered.

"Mal has gone back to the isle." I say as I walked towards him to pass the letter that Mal left in our room. "Ben," Evie says as she passes him the ring that he gave Mal. His eyes widened and he reads the letter Mal left for us to read.

"This is my fault, this is my fault." He says as he crumbles the letter. "I...I blew it. She'd been under so much pressure lately, and instead of being understanding, I went all beast on her. I have to go there and apologize, I have to go there and...and beg her to come back.

"Ben! You'll never find her." I tell him.

"I.." Ben says as he looks out of the window.

"You need to know the isle and how it works and..."Evie starts to explain before realizing what needs to be done. "You have to take us with you." She continues on.

"Yes," Ben says as he turns back to us. "Uh, ar..are....are you sure?"

"Yea, she's my best friend," Evie says.

"And we'll bring the boys too, because there's safety in numbers, and none of us is really too popular over there right now," I say.

"Thank you," Ben says as he looks at the both of us.

"But let's get two things straight, you have to promise me that none of us gets stuck there again," I tell him as I know that Evie was afraid to go back to the isle but we have no choice but to bring Mal back.

"I promise." He says.

"And there's no way you are going looking like that," Evie tells him and the three of us quickly left his office to find Carlos and Jay.

Once we found the boys, we all went back to our dorms to change before going to the isle. As I took my clothes out from my trunk, a certain bracelet dropped out of my pocket. I went to pick it up and stared at it for a while.

"Maya! M! Hey Maya!" Evie suddenly shouted and started shaking me.

"Ohh, Evie! God, you scare me. Wait when did you come in?" I asked her.

"Maya what are you talking about, I've been calling you for the past 2 minutes but you were in a trance or something," Evie explained to me but turned her attention to the bracelet when she saw me still staring at it. "Maya, you okay?"