28 || Evil on the rise

Maya's P

Maya's P.O.V

Mal, Evie, and I are currently at Evie's house discussing the scepter being stolen and how Mal was called to talk about the future plans for Auradon. "Who else knows about the crown and the scepter?" Evie asks Mal.

"No one," Mal says before chuckling nervously. "I mean think about it, people are scared enough as it is. We have to employ these entirely new security measures.

"Will this delay our bringing over more V.K.s?" I asked.

"We're talking about closing the barrier for good," Mal says with her arms crossed.

"But you said no," Evie asks Mal. "I mean the five of us are living the dream here, and we finally get to share that. I mean, what could be more important than that?"

"Yeah, I know." Mal says before sitting down in front of Evie and me, "I mean, maybe security or maybe peace of mind for everyone in Auradon."

"Is that what they're thinking? And were they seriously thinking that no one will ever go in or out of the isle ever again?" I asked Mal.

"What, we never get to go back and see our parents? And what about these kids? We promised that they could go visit whenever they wanted." Evie says as she stands up.

"Yeah, I know." Mal replies.

"M....We're so glad that you are going to be Queen. You will be part of these conversations; you will stand up for the V.K.s. Thank you for telling us." Evie says with a smile as she holds Mal's hand and gave her a hug.

"You're going to be a great Queen." I told Mal.

-----------------------------------------------

Mal and I walk outside with Mal's gift for Jane, after changing clothes. As we were walking, Audrey suddenly appears from a cloud of pink smoke.

"I was hoping you were home," Audrey says as she sees Mal.

"Is this a joke? What are you doing with the crown and the scepter?" I question her while Mal looks at Audrey in shock.

"Well, I wanted them, so I took them. And you, of all people, should understand that Mal," Audrey answers her before breathing in the power of the scepter.

"Wait, Audrey, stop! Don't use that," Mal says as she sets the gift down on a ledge.

"I thought you liked spells," Audrey says causing the both of us to look at her in shock. Audrey then brings the scepter back close to her like she was hypnotized by its power.

"Okay, Audrey, you're better..." Mal starts.

"Quiet!" Audrey yells.

"It's not a toy. It's dangerous," I told her as I tried to put some sense into her which she obviously doesn't have.