12 || Parents

(Maya's P

(Maya's P.O.V)

"Children, excuse me. Um, as you know, uh, this Sunday is family day here at Auradon Prep. And because your parents can't be here due to, uh, distance, we've arranged for a special treat." Fairy Godmother explains before walking to the front of the class and turning on the computer. When the computer had turned on we saw our parents on the screen.

"I don't see anything, nor do I hear," Maleficent says as she sits down.

"Kids!" The Fairy Godmother called us and we walked towards the television and stand beside her.

"Is it... is it... is...Can I please see a remote? Is this thing on? Ugh, It's broken. Ugh! I hate electronic equipment... Oh!" Maleficent says before pressing the remote one more time.

"Evie, It's Mommy. Oh! Look how beautiful. Oh, you know what they say, the poison apple doesn't fall far from the tree." The Evil Queen says.

"Don't you mean the weeds?" Maleficent says which causes the Evil Queen to glare at her.

"Ooh! Who's the old bat?"Curella asks as she notices the Fairy Godmother.

"This is Fairy Godmother," Mal says.

"Still doing tricks with eggplants?" Maleficent asks her.

"I turned a pumpkin into a beautiful carriage." Fairy Godmother says defenselessly to our mom.

"You really couldn't give Cinderella till 1 A.M.? I mean, really. What, the hamsters had to be back on their little wheels?" Maleficent says as she tries to get some reaction from the Fairy godmother, which she did.

"They were mice! They were not... they were mice. They were not..." She corrects her again and moves beside the television and we all step forward a little.

"Hi, Mom," I say.

"Maya! Mal! I m-m-miss you." Maleficent finally gets out as she never uses nice words before like please or thank you.

"You children are never far from our thoughts," Jafar added.

"I got it." Maleficent says, "How long must mommy wait to see the both of you."

"Um, there's a big coronation coming up. I think sometime probably after... that." I say.

"When?" Maleficent asks as she tries to hold her excitement about the wand.

"Friday, 10 A.M." Mal added.

"You sure I can't see you before that? I don't know what I'll do If I don't get my hands on that magic wan... you... you little nuggets that I love so much." Maleficent says as she struggles not to reveal their plan.

"Yes, I completely understand, Mother," I say.

"Carlos, is that a dog?" Curella asks as she finally notices Carlos holding a dog in his hand and moved closer to the camera to see Dude. "Oh, yes, yes, baby, I do understand. It would make the perfect size for earmuffs."

"He's the perfect size for a pet," Carlos argues as he steps forward.

"Oh!" Curella says as she was shocked that Carlos argued with her.

"This dog loves me, and I love him. And FYI, your dog is stuffed!" Carlos says which causes Curella to move away from the camera. "So give it a rest!"

"Oh-ho! Burn!" Jafar says as he laughs.

"Oh! Why don't you go sell a toaster, you two-bit salesman!" Curella says.

"People who talk to stuffed animals shouldn't throw stones," Jafar argues.

"Oh, well, people who sell toasters shouldn't use mixed metaphors.!" Curella argues back.

"Enough," The Evil Queen shouted before Jay turns off the computer.

"I'm so sorry." The Fairy Godmother says.

"Thanks for the special treat," Jay says.

"Of course." She says and we start to grab our bags and walk out of the classroom.

"Maya? What do you think our parents are gonna do to us? If we don't pull this off?" She asks me.

"I think they will be quietly disappointed in us, but ultimately... Proud of us for doing our best." I say sarcastically.

"Really?" Carlos ask me.

"No, I think we are definitely goners," Mal says.

-----------------------------------------------------------

Later that evening we met up in the boy's room to go over our plans.

"Okay, we all know what this looks like. So it'll be up on the dais under the beast's spell jar, and we'll be coming in from here. I will be in the very front. You all will be up on the balcony. Okay. Carlos?" Mal says

"Okay, so I'll find our limo, so we can break the barrier, and, uh, get back on the island with the wand," Carlos explains.

"Perfect. Evie?" Mal says.

"Yeah?" Evie asks.

"You will use this to take out the driver. Two sprays and he'll be out like a light." Mal explains giving her a perfume bottle that contains a potion inside.

"Okay," Evie says and Mal sits down beside me while looking at the spell book. "M? You want to break Ben's love spell?" Evie asks Mal which causes me to also look at Mal.

"Yeah. You know, for after. I don't... I've just been thinking, you know, when the villains finally do invade Auradon and begin to loot and kick everyone out of their castles and imprison their leaders and destroy all that is good and beautiful, Ben still being in love with me just seems a little extra... cruel." She explains and after a moment of silence, Mal grabs the spell book and heads towards the door.

"M" Both Evie and I called out to her but she still leaves.

"Give her some space E," I tell her and told everyone to get some sleep as tomorrow is going to be a big day. But they were all having trouble trying to go to sleep. Jay looks over at his MVP trophy, Carlos rolls over and pets Dude, Evie takes out the test that she got a B+ on, and I decided to go into the kitchen to check up on Mal.

"A million thoughts in my head

Should I let my heart keep listening?

I know It's time to say good-bye

So hard to let go." I heard Mal sings as she makes the cupcake.

I knew that Mal fell in love with Ben, I mean who wouldn't, he treated her so well. But then again, he did eat a cookie that contained the love potion. Once Mal was done baking, she walked out of the kitchen and saw me standing outside waiting for her. Before I could say anything, she ran to me and hugged me very tightly and we sat outside the kitchen. She cried and I just sat there comforting her, hoping that she'll feel better after she let it all out.