22 || Spelled

Maya's P

Maya's P.O.V
I ended up falling asleep throughout the whole limo ride home as I was very exhausted. But I woke up once the car had come to a stop.

"Hey, we need to talk," I say as I drag Mal along with me somewhere once Ben and her were done talking, while Evie followed behind the two of us.

"No," Carlos says while holding Dude.

"No?" Evie asked Carlos in confusion.

"You guys are always going off in a huddle, whispering your girl-talk stuff or whatever, and Jay and I are tired of it," Carlos says.

"I'm not," Jay replied.

"We're your family too. We've been through a lot. Together. I'm not stopping that now. Okay?" Carlos says, "Everyone sits." And proceeded to sit in the middle of a grass patch which caused us to look at Carlos weirdly. "Come on."

Soon, all of us sat down. "I don't know how to start girl talk," Carlos says while looking at Jay who also has no clue. "What up?" Jay says which causes Evie and me to chuckle.

"Well...I'm a mess. I'm such a mess. I mean six months ago, I was, you know stealing candy from babies. And now, everybody wants me to be this Lady of the Court, and I have no idea how to keep up the act." Mal told us while trying not to break down.

"Then, don't," Carlos replied.

"See? This was dumb." Jay says and was ready to leave.

"Maybe it wasn't?" Evie says while I hold Mal's hand for support.

"We're always gonna be the kids from the isle. I tried to forget it, I really tried, but those are our roots. And we all did what we had to do to survive, but it made us who we are." Evie says.

"And we're never gonna be like anybody else here. And that's okay. That's okay." I added.

"And we can't fake it," Carlos says.

"No," Evie replied.

"Yeah, I mean especially without my spell book." Mal chimed in but I realized something was a bit off about her.

"Well, if Ben doesn't love the real you, then he's not the one," Carlos says.

"I liked that," Evie says.

"Give him a chance," Carlos added.

"I'm gonna make some changes to your dress, and if you're up for it, only if you're up for it, it'll be waiting for you. Okay?" Evie says before hugging Mal. All of us soon got up as we had to prepare for the royal Cotillion and make sure everything goes well.

—————————————————————

"Woah, Maya! You look so stunning in your dress." Evie says when examining the dress.

Your dress

Your dress

"Thanks, E," I said. "Oh, that reminds me, I have to give Ben the necklace he asked me to make for Mal," I told Evie and showed her the beautiful purple necklace that I spent months designing.

 "Oh, that reminds me, I have to give Ben the necklace he asked me to make for Mal," I told Evie and showed her the beautiful purple necklace that I spent months designing

Pic of the ring Ben wanted to give Mal that Maya made for her dear sister.

"It's so pretty. Mal is totally going to love it." Evie squealed in excitement. "Before I forget, here, put this on," Evie says and handed me a green necklace.

 "Before I forget, here, put this on," Evie says and handed me a green necklace

"Oh my gosh, this is so pretty. Did you make this?" I asked Evie while examining the necklace.

"No, you won't believe it, Dizzy designed this," Evie says.

"No way. Shut up, little Dizzy designed this for me." I asked her in shock as I know that she is a very talented girl but I didn't know that she was this talented. I got ready to find Ben and give him the necklace that he wanted to give Mal as a gift after the revealing of the portrait that he had made for her.

I then quickly ran to Ben's room to find him but when I knocked on his door, nobody answered. So I decided to open the door and to my surprise, it was not locked which was weird as Ben always locked his door. When I walked into Ben's room, I saw Uma and Harry standing beside Ben. Uma was casting a spell using my mother's spellbook on Ben.

To be honest, I was shocked when I saw what was happening. "Oi Uma, what do you think you are doing," I say while crossing my arms. Both Harry and Uma were shocked to see me.

"Maya wait, we can ex-," Harry says but it was already too late, Uma had already cast a mind-controlling spell on Maya. Maya soon passed out but luckily Harry was quick enough to catch her before she could ever fall onto the floor.

"Come on, Harry, let's get this party started," Uma says with a smirk.