09|| Love Potion

(Maya's P

(Maya's P.O.V)

It was 8 pm right now, and we snuck into the kitchen to make some cookies that contained a love spell to spell Ben.

"All right. It says that we still need one tear, and I never cry." Mal says as she continues mixing the batter.

"Let's just chop up some onions," Carlos suggested.

"No. It says that we need one tear of human sadness. And this love potion gets the best review so we have to follow it exactly." I say and Mal nods in agreement.

"A tear's a tear," Jay said as he looked like he did not want to be here.

"That's not true, Jay. They both have antibodies and enzymes, but an emotional tear has more protein-based hormones than a reflex tear." Evie explains and this caused Mal and me to look at her proudly.

"Listen to you," Mal says as she adds some flour to the cookie batter.

"Yeah, I knew that," Jay says, while trying to not make himself look stupid.

"Did not," Carlos argued.

"Yeah, I did," Jay says quickly.

"There you are, Maya! I was looking for you." Lonnie says as she suddenly busts into the kitchen which startled us. I then quickly put a napkin over the spell book to cover our track. "You know, all the girls want you to do their hair! Midnight snack, huh? What are you guys making?"

"Nothing special. Just cookies." Mal answered.

Oh, no, no!" We all say as Lonnie dipped her finger into the mixture.

"Wait, wait, wait!" Carlos says.

"Wait, wait, wait!" Lonnie says as she eats the dough.

"Feel anything?" Evie questioned her.

"Yeah, like maybe it might be missing something?" I ask her.

"Hey, there," Jay says flirtatiously as he stands in front of Lonnie.

"It could use some chips." She added and walked away from Jay. This caused Evie, Mal, and me to sigh in relief.

"And those are..." Mal asks and continues mixing the mixture. 

"Chocolate chips. Just the most important food group. Wait, didn't your moms ever make you guys, like, chocolate chip cookies?" She asked us as she added some chocolate chips to the cookie batter. "Like, when you're feeling sad, and they're fresh from the oven, with a big old glass of milk, and she just makes you laugh and puts everything into perspective and... why are you all looking at me like that?" Lonnie says and all our faces turn to a frown as we've never experienced that kind of love from our parents, like ever.

"It's just different where we're from," I say.

"Yeah, I know. I just, you know, I thought... Even villains love their kids." Lonnie says which caused us to look down sadly. "Oh...How awful." Lonnie then grabs my hand before a tear starts to roll down her face.

"Yeah, well, big bummer," I say as I swipe the tear from her cheek and put it into the cookie dough. "But we have to get these into the oven, so thank you so much for coming by. Really, really have a good night. I'll see you tomorrow. Evil dreams." Mal tells her and she pushes Lonnie out of the door as Evie starts to mix the dough.

"Good night," Lonnie says as she steps out of the kitchen.

"See you tomorrow," I say. 

"Okay, boys, cookie sheet. Evie, oven." Mal says

"Yes ma'am," Evie says as she puts the cookie into the oven. Once the cookies were done, all of us headed off to our dorms to sleep.