30 || Night falls

Maya's P

Maya's P.O.V

"Ben!" Mal calls as they walk through the castle.

"This way," Dude says as he takes lead.

"Ben could be asleep anywhere," Mal says with a sigh.

"Or turned to stone," Ceclia adds before Evie covers her mouth.

"Ben!" Mal calls out again.

"I got a scent. Very pungent cologne. Easy to track. Follow me, people," Dude tells us.

"That's great, Dude," Jay tells him as Gil looks at him impressed.

"FYI, I give great cuddles too," Dude tells Gil.

"Really? I never had a pet growing up. Well, except for the elk head in Dad's man cave but that wasn't..." Gil says but was interrupted by Uma.

"Hold up," Uma orders as she follows some scratch marks along the wall to find a broken painting. "What's this?"

"Uh...Any chance this was already there?" Carlos asks causing Mal to let out a worried sigh.

"And follow me," Dude says before leading the way again.

"Ben! Ben! Ben! Ben!" Mal shouted as we walk into a room full of suits of armor.

"Stay here, okay?" I told Celia before she tries to follow us.

"I can feel you lurking," Harry tells Jay as he looks at a sword.

"Good," Jay tells him before walking away.

"So you can track, cuddle, and talk," Gil says as he pets Dude before turning to Carlos. "Hey, do you think his puppies would be able to talk, too?"

"All right, man. He's taken. You want a dog, adopt a rescue," Carlos tells him with a smile.

"Talking puppies. That's crazy," Dude says with a laugh before walking over to Celia.

"I bet you lost some sleeping thinking about me on the loose?" Uma says as the two of us walk to the other side of the room with everyone else behind them.

"No. Dragons don't really lose sleep," Mal tells Uma.

"I wonder what fried octopus tastes like," I spoke.

"Okay. Why do we not do this?" Evie says as she stands between the three of us.

"We're celebrating our differences," Uma tells Evie while I just walked away from Uma.

"I believe we're being challenged," Harry tells us as he sees a knight move in front of them and he quickly moved me behind him so that I wouldn't get hurt.

"Let's split up and look for Audrey," Uma says.

" That makes absolutely no sense. Unless you give me my ember, she's going to spell you," Mal argues.