08 || Boys

(Maya's P

(Maya's P.O.V)

Later in the early afternoon, Mal, Evie, and I were in our dorm chilling and Jane joined us and is currently talking about her mother, "Mom said, if a boy can't see the beauty within, then he's not worth it. Can you believe it? What world does she live in?" Jane explains to us.

"Auradon," Mal answered her.

"Maya, Mal, do you like it?" Evie asked us as she held up a dress that she sewed.

"Yeah, it's cute," Mal answers as she glances up from her sketchbook.

"It brings out your eyes," I told her and continued drawing some earring designs for Jane to wear for the coronation as she saw how pretty my handmade jewelry was.

"I know," Evie says and looks at the dress before chuckling.

"I'll never get a boyfriend," Jane says and she sits beside me.

"Boyfriends are overrated," Mal told Jane.

"And how would you know, Mal? You've never had one." I asked her.

"It's cause I don't need one, Maya. They're a waste of time. Plus you never have one either, so how would you know they are not overrated." Mal stated.

Just as I was about to say something, I stopped myself as I could not tell her that I am dating Harry because I knew that she would freak out if she ever found out that I am dating our enemy. Well, you see, ever since Mal and I dumped a bucket of shrimp on Uma's head she hated us, and since her crew consists of Harry and Gil, technically we are enemies and we hate each other guts.

"I forgot to do Chad's homework! Oh, no! Oh, no, no, no." Evie gasps and stops whatever she is doing, and she picks up a bag full of books.

"And that is exactly what I mean," Mal told me while I just rolled my eyes.

"Hey, guys! I'm Lonnie. My mom's Mulan?" A girl says as she suddenly barged into our room. "No? Anyways, I love what you've done with Jane's hair. And I know y'all hate us, and, well, you're evil. But do you think you could do mine?"

"Why would we do that for you?" Mal questioned her.

"I'll pay you 50 dollars." Lonnie answers which gets Evie's attention.

"Good answer. I need to buy more materials. Let's see, I'm thinking, we lose the bangs, maybe some layers and some highlights." Evie says as she continues to suggest to Lonnie some hairstyle ideas.

"Yeah, yeah. I want it cool. Like Maya's." Lonnie says which made me look up from my sketchbook.

"The split ends, too?" Evie asked which made me glare at her.

"Well, you heard the girl, Maya. Do her hair." Mal says as she continues sketching.

"Okay...Beware, forswear, replace the old with cool hair." I move my fingers around which makes Lonnie's head move, and soon her hair starts growing. Lonnie then turned her attention towards the mirror speechless at what I had done.

"I know. I know. It looks like a mop on your head. You know what? Let's cut it off, layer it.." Evie starts,

"No, no, no, no, no, no! I love it." Lonnie says as she interrupts Evie.

"You do?" Evie questioned her.

"It's just... Now I'm cool." She says as she rips her skirt a little.

"Like ice," Mal says. as she swings around the bedpost.

Jane then walks over to the mirror and rips her skirt before gasping, "What did I just do? Mom's gonna kill me!"

-----------------------------------------------------------

"Yo-ho-ho!" Jay says as he walks into our dorm.

"Hey!" Carlos says. Both Mal and I were sitting beside each other as we went through the spell book so that we could practice and try to find a way to steal the wand.

"Did your plan work with Jane? Are you going over to see the wand?" Jay asks us.

"Do you think that I would be going through every single spell in this book? If I hadn't completely struck out?" Mal says while stressing out.

"Oh, someone's in a bad mood," Jay says as he backs away from Mal a bit.

"Our mom's counting on us! We can't let her down!" I added on as I flicked Carlos in the head.

"We can do this... If we stick together." Jay says and every one of us looks up at him.

"And we won't go back until we do. Because we're rotten..." Mal starts with a nod of her head.

"To the core." The rest of us said.

"Oh, yeah. I found out that fairy godmother blesses Ben with the wand at the coronation and we all get to go. I have nothing to wear, of course. What?" She says as both Mal and I opened our mouths in shock, and there was a sudden knock on the door.

"Hold that thought," Mal says as she walks over to open the door to find Ben on the other side.

"Hey, Mal. I didn't see you guys today. I was just wondering If you had any questions or anything... That... you needed..." Ben says with a smile.

"Not that I know of," Mal answers as she looks back at us and the four of us just shook our heads.

"Okay. All right. Well, uh, If you need anything, just, uh..." Ben says as he starts to walk away, "Oh, wait! Um, is it true that we all get to go to your coronation?" Mal asks to hope that what Evie said is true.

"Yeah, the whole school goes," Ben replies.

"Wow. That is beyond exciting. Do you think that it's a possibility that the five of us could stand in the front row next to the Fairy Godmother, just so we could soak up all that goodness?" Mal says and Ben looks at us wanting to say yes but stops.

"I wish you could. Upfront it's just me, my folks, and my girlfriend." He says, which causes Mal to frown.

"And your girlfriend?" I said as I double-checked with Ben.

"Yeah. I'm sorry." He says.

"Okay. Thanks, bye." Mal says and she starts to catch on and closes the door in his face.

"Oh, but, no, there's plenty of..." Before Ben could finish his sentence, the door was already closed.

"I think it's time that Bennyboo got himself a new girlfriend. And I need a love spell." Mal says as she claps her hand for the book that Carlos throws at her.