Chapter 5: Double The Trouble

"Yeah. It's a good thing they aren't paying me to agree with them. Holy Flame, my ass!"

DEVIN'S POV

We have arrived at my team's secret base. I'm coming down from the wagon and open the door while pushing the door I see someone inside already. It was someone... A man with a black shirt, white pants, and a gold necklace who is he? "I'm sorry, who are you?" I asked him while searching for anyone else inside. "Oh... I believe the vice leader will be introducing me to you," he replied. " well, where is she? Vice are you there?" I said. 

"Devin? you searching for her?" Ritsu came in and bring vice with him followed by Chase and Skye. " vice, I demand you to introduce him to me" I said pointing my hand to the strange magician lookalike man. "Oh. This is Rifaldy Nicholas he's from the mercenary called TheBlackTalons to he said he has a mission for us" the Vice leader said. "yeah, I believe thou have a new mission on the line" the black guy said. 

"Listen, pal, we surely are a group of kill and fight specialists, but our skill is for defending action not attacking any other base or factions, so... If there no one needs to be saved we will not accept the mission" I informed. 

"oh, trust me there is someone who needs to be saved from the Raiders, did you know the Necropolis and Arcadia?" He said. 

"They were peaceful Cities in this world, what's up with it?" I asked. 

"well, there was an artist on the Necropolis and the famous writer from Arcadia, they both got kidnapped to the same raider base led by Elleanor as your four-leg companion and a few others with a unique costume and a boy with Dog paw badge on the chest, for this mission my merchant team will help you get to the base." He said.

I Doubt him " it's very unlikely of you and your mercenaries group, as far as I know, you only do that if first, it's your leader, second it's on the contract, and third you got a price. So tell me the reason you helping a writer and artist."

He smirked, "alright you got me we trying to take down The base because our leader wants Elleanor dead."

I sighed "well, all right will help you but I only make way inside the base and if I heard I was on the part of the raid, I will take your base down too... Is that clear?."

"Ah' have your word, tough guy" He smiled.  We unpacked the Supply we have from the last mission and getting ready for the next mission. "Chase, I could use extra strength for this rescue, you in?" I invited the German shepherds, "yes, I also want to see if a boy he talking about is my leader and the others" He said with a worried look, "all alright, so how long we can get there?" I asked. "well if you walk there it would be more than a week but don't worry I have a good ride that will make us faster there," he said with a smile.

After a few long walks, we arrive at an underground train station at least what it was before,  don't tell me they have a train cart to bring them right into the Raider base. We all get into the cart then the cart is moving. A few moments later the cart came out from the mountain showing the great view of a river untouched by any human, and then the great view disappears from the distance. 

A few hours later, we have arrived at our destination the Raider base honestly it's not too big but too crowded with small buildings, it's not good for us to fight inside so I tell the leaders of the merchants if they want to have a gunfight they have to do it outside their base. then I got back to the cart where Chase, Skye, and Ritsu is monitoring the raider base.

Hours later, I stared out the window of the passenger car, watching the landscape roll by. Or, at least, as much of it as I could see considering the sky had darkened and the rainfall had escalated again.