Chapter 11.1: The Mutant Unleashed

"C'mon everyone! Snuggle up before the rain starts."

DRACO'S POV

Reckless.

I really want him to pay what he did to Timothy and I don't care if it will cost my life as long as any creature like him does not hurt anybody else, I'm satisfied. I took out the secret device he was after.

"Taste your own poison enclave!" I groaned. "I'm not scared to use it and I know how to."

"Oh? So you already have read the document." He said then looked at Devin. "You already read it too right Lone wanderer?"

"*cough* *pant*I am" Devin slowly gets up. "What a terrifying work of art. Draco don't, you can't handle that much radiation."

"Choose Draco. You or..." the scientist shot a hook at Devin and pull him to his hand. "Your precious tough guy."

"I demand you, Draco. run and leave us." Devin said.

"*sigh* I'm really sorry sir..." I put my frown face. "...for not being an obedient partner for you." I set up my Aid device (For the healing kits and chems auto-injection) and connect the secret device to it. 'Over the radiation.' the device produces a voice and starts injecting radiation into my body slowly. I can feel the effect, it's like using all the chems at once. I feel so powerful. "Timothy lend me your power one last time."

"MWAHAHA! Bagus!! It's time to check the result of my work." The Enclave scientist throws Devin near Akira.

"Take care of him Akira," I asked for a favor and Akira nodded.

I dashed without any of Ritsu's tech help then smash the scientist and finally the first dent on his armor. I scratch and bite the armor and tear it apart but he lands a punch and I dodge it giving him time to get up and get his sword ready. I let out a weapon claw and put it under my paw like a shoe. I and the scientist running toward each other. We draw our sword and move away then I dashed myself and swing my claw to his chest. When I tried to land the second slash my ears start ringing and half of my body start to freezing and burning inside I feel a headache.

"Ugh... My head! is it the side effect?" I Whinnied. "Feels like my head was about to pop."

"heh... That's your limit? I really hoped you would last longer." the scientist is not satisfied with the results he gets.

"I need... to... keep..." My vision blurred then I blacked out.

DEVIN'S POV

Wounds all over my body but I keep trying to open my eyes. I looked at Draco, on half of his body a bright green line seemed to be running through his veins. that's a radiation liquid the device produces to power up the user but if the limit has been reached the user will be turned into either a mutant or a feral zombie. I can't let it happen, I immediately get up and charge toward Draco.

"Draco!!" I shouted in worry. the device warned 'Max Radiance On' Then I crashed my body into Draco's "Oh!! NO, YOU DON'T" the device bounced out of his Aid injector.

Draco let out a hard inhale and fall unconscious. It was a terrifying moment there but glad nothing is happening to Draco. I took the device, Draco, and move closer to Akira and Timothy's cold body.

"We can't fight him for now, retreat is our only choice!!" I commanded and pull my smoke and cryo grenade then put Timothy's body and Draco in my wide pocket and fly away from the battlezone followed by Brutus with his Hard armor jetpack. then Randal shot a hook to Brutus and being pulled on our back.

On our way back I summarize the info we have.

"I'm sorry it's my fault that Timo..." Akira cried.

"Not all of this your fault." I argued. "If only I aware of the attack I could have blocked it with my sword."