Chapter 16: Lore Of The Rift

"If you don't expect anything to happen then goes bad way it won't hurt."

CHASE'S POV

We're going back home on a cold night, Everyone on the base looking at us from outside.

"There is nothing we got from the hunt, What should we say t' everyone? that we exchange Draco for a blueprint?" Randal asked.

"No, I will say Draco manages to get the scientist to help Devin and we need to send him to where's Draco now," Akira replied while looking at the blueprint.

"Are ye sure he's going to help us make the cure?" Randal doubted.

"I'm not sure about helping but I'm sure whenever Draco is planning something, He always gets what he wants in the end." Akira made eye contact with Randal.

We arrived on the talons while Randal put down the supplies from the wagon.

"I must give this to Ritsu, I want Chase and Prince to accompany me to talk with Devin after this," Akira commanded.

We waited for Akira in the front of the medical center door and Randal just went inside and ignored us then Akira finally arrived. "Sorry to keep you waiting boys, Let's get inside and have some conversation with Devin."

As soon as we got inside Devin looked at us and then asked. "Tell me there's no bad news."

"Good news, we are able to make him help us," Akira said. "We just need to take you to his lab."

Devin sighed. "Asking for help from a Wannabe cowboy's scientist, Shame on me." The room went silent for a while then Devin noticed. "We asking for his help I reckon they demanded something in return and where's Draco?"

"He's dealing with the scientist and... making sure he's helping us." Akira lied, his face looked worried.

Devin looked at Akira with doubt then his face changed to anger. "Tell me the truth."

"What? What do you mean." Akira gets cornered by Devin's words.

"He... He's willing to... be the scientist slave for your sake." Akira looked scared.

"You fucking what!?" Devin's voice went higher.

"He made a bargain so why not? Don't worry it's not permanent, only after yer cured." Randal reasoned as he take a bottle of alcohol and clean his wounds with it.

Devin pointed to take a revolver from the table and pointed it at Randal. "You crossed the line, Randal"

"The line?" Randal asked.

"They are using my partner!!!" Devin yelled. "Did you fucking know what will he do to Draco?"

"Yeah, I knew, you know. But damned as I am, it made no fucking progress if we face him, mate." Randal looked not sure.

"Fucking hell, Randal!" Devin choked the revolver hammer.

"Oh! Crying out loud. What is the matter with you, Devin?" Akira scared.

Then Ritsu showed up. "What the fuck is going on?"

"Eh? You've gone fucking angry, ain't you?" Randal showed Devin he's not intimidated.

"Yeah, I got fucking angry..." Devin poked his gun into Randal's head they struggled with each other.

"It's in your fucking head, man," Ritsu warned. "Come on, man!! This bastard deserves it!"

"I'll tell ya this, Control yerself, mate," Randal said as he tried to get the gun away from him.

"He's nuts! I know this bastard deserves it. I fucking know." Ritsu tried to calm them down. "But if you kill him now, the truce with the factions will be blown to fucking pieces, all right?"