Chapter 12.2: Two Side Soldier

"It was just us against the world... and the world had it coming"

DEVIN'S POV

Family.

It wasn't a word I'd had much use for, nor a concept I'd felt any connection to.

I had never known my father (a quite uncommon situation for a kid growing up in that place as overseer's son). When my mother had been my age, she had spent a large portion of her time being... well, there were other words I would use when describing others. But this was my mother. And for her, I chose the words "promiscuous" and "inebriated".

A vault full of memories torn from the minds of residents seven years dead... or a place I called my home.

"So... How long do we need to stay here? It's been pain and sorrow here!" Rubble whinnied. It seems they are homesick.

I looked at Ritsu and asked. "You found any of the research to get them back where are they supposed to?"

Ritsu shook his head. "It seems I need more time since it's too mysterious and complicated." He takes out a paper. "The time and dimensions results are unknown."

I played a song on my harmonica. then Ritsu joined as the vocal. "Fear is my right to say no, peace is my reason to grow, still I remain here alone, when will I feel like I'm home."

I started to sing. "Destiny frightens my soul... and I never wanted to know, what lies ahead on this road, when will I feel like I'm home."

"What's the reason to keep all of you fighting on this place?" Ryder asked.

"For all of us the reason is we have nowhere to go, and for myself, I still need to find at least my family heirloom. before doing our only choice, that is to get out of here to another timeline or dimensions." I Answered.

"And I just following Devin wherever he goes because I honestly can't do much without him," Draco said.

"I'm just spreading a smile to everyone and keeping Devin alive by providing him gears. The only family I know is alive and here now is just him." Ritsu said it easily with a smile.

"I... still don't have a purpose in living alone, I still need someone on my side plus I have a relationship with Draco, no one will make us say goodbye," Akira added.

Draco smirked. "Flirt."

CHASE'S POV

We almost arrived at Devin's base but then a horde of enclave armies moved towards us. Devin get down from his horse and looked at them.

"Sir, we need your command." Ritsu requested.

"Sial, Ritsu! Our stage." Devin hinted.

"Calling them Devin, no need to swear on your language it will arrive at the perfect time," Ritsu said.

"What's coming?" Everest asked.

"Say that again but add 'UP' to that!!" Ritsu's research personalities come out at a bad time.

"What's coming up?" Everest repeated.

"Dah! Say it with hype!" Ritsu requested as he takes out his voice recorder device.

"What's coming up!!" Everest shouted as Ritsu take her voice to the device.

"yas!! parfait!!" Ritsu jumped like he just won a lottery. "ahem! let's continue."

Two big pieces of armor fall from the sky in front of Devin and Ritsu each then they nodded at each other and They takes a yellow thing and put it inside the armor.