Chapter 9: PAW Stay Put

"Watch out!!! Careful!!"

DEVIN'S POV

Part Ways.

I and Ritsu wake up on the first day of the new year to discuss who will stay and who will be going with us back to the base.

"Alright, guys we'll be going back to the base if someone wants to stay in the talon place just raise paw or hand."

Rocky, Zuma, Rubble looked at each other than raise their paw. "I want to watch Randal leading the shattered soul."

Then Chase and Skye followed to raise their paw.

"I will watch them here," Chase said.

"I can't go far without Chase." Skye Whinnied.

"If Chase stays, I stay." Marshall interrupted then raised his paw followed by Everest and Tracker.

"Alright, that leaves my team and Ryder" I pointed.

"Huh?! Ryder is coming with you?" All the pups said.

"Yes pups, I'm going with Devin for a while, I'll make some surprise for your pups," Ryder answered.

"Well, let's pack up," I said.

After we pack the thing that we need on the way back we get into the horse since the wagon is for pups to move around the talon and base.

"Be safe out there Ryder" Rocky and Chase whimpered together.

Ryder giggled "Don't worry pups, I'll be okay."

"Don't worry you two, I'll protect your leader if something happens," I promised them.

Then we start our trip to go home.

CHASE'S POV

I wonder why Ryder is going with them and what surprise is Ryder gonna make for us.

"Okay guys, what abilities do you have to survive this world?" I asked.

"Oh! Me first, I guess I'm just mastering my lock picking skill and Ritsu taught me a hacking skill." Rocky said.

"I... Got... Some gun skill and my aim are good with rifles," Zuma followed.

"I don't get any new skill," Rubble muttered.

"I, Everest and tracker neither," Marshall mentioned the others two nodded.

"I just learn a better manoeuver and flip for my wings," Skye said.

"Howdy Partner, What's up?" Randal showed up

"Nothing, just ask my friend if they learn any new skill" Chase replied.

"Well since you're here you can use the backyard to learn how to use a gun since it's good to have that skill" Randal informed.

"Thanks, Mr.Randal." Chase Thanked

"Not a problem"

After Randal walk away we just have a small talk and showed our Christmas present.

"Hey! Let's get to the back yard" Rocky suggested.

"You want to have a gun practice?" I asked.

"I think we should have a steady aim in case we need it" Rocky pointed.

"Good idea," I said then we walk to the backyard.

In the backyard we found a few people practicing with a heavy gun.

"Welcome! Here's your ammo." Someone on the small stand gives us a bucket of mag and rubber bullets.

We walk to the shooting range then we start our practice first one is Zuma, who takes a small pistol and puts it on his gun holder then started shooting and hits 16/20 of the target. Next is rocky, since he has his own signature gun he uses it here but it would be hard since the gun only holds 6 bullets. After getting his gun ready Rocky started shooting than his gun was empty and attempt to reload it's so slow that he skipped 2 targets up but then he shoots again and hit 14/20 of the target.