Home

"Home • A Christmas Special"

Endou Mamoru x Endou Natsumi

★☆★

"Then, shall we go back to our home?"

★☆★

Endou Natsumi heaved a long sigh as she read the small note left by her husband on the dining table. It was sure Christmas that day but it seems she have to spend the day without him. He even left so early that she was still soundly asleep and didn't even saw him out. She supposed that something went a little unexpected back in the Fifth Sector so the Holy Emperor called Endou.

But still, it's Christmas Day! He had been working continuously these days and that very day was supposed to be his day off. Are they trying to exhaust him from work? Really, just what 'unexpected' thing happened that they still need Endou's presence? It's making her a little jealous.

Endou Mamoru's attention was on his work, not his dear wife.

She forced a smile, patting her cheek lightly to knock off the ideas wandering her mind. Perhaps he won't be present in the morning but he will later. He always make sure to come home when it's dark. And it's already afternoon at her place so it'll just be a matter of time.

Even Natsumi knew that it won't be long before dusk, every passing second feels like an eternity. Every minute passing was killing her. It was freezing both outside and inside and the the house also seems a bit dark. Loneliness was eating the whole place up and it was devouring her.

Christmas, the day that Natsumi and Endou was supposed to enjoy, turned into vain.

Finishing her cup of tea, she laid her back on the chair. She closed her eyes for a moment, breathing deeply. In all sudden, it was interrupted when her phone rang. Her eyes lit up for a second, almost praying that it would be a message from Endou, that it would contain message from him that he's on the way home.

With her excitement, she immediately checked her phone and to her dismay, it wasn't a message from her husband but her friend Haruna. Her mood was suddenly lifted as the sweet message roused her eyes.

"It's been so long, Natsumi-san. I heard from Nii-san that you won't be spending Christmas together with Endou-kun since they have important matters to attend to. If you'd like, we can spend the day together. Happy Holidays!"

Reading every letter from the message made her smile. Haruna has always been considerate to others ever since they were young. She haven't changed and she got nostalgia from it-when they're once managers of the Raimon Soccer Club.

With a soft smile on her face, Natsumi went to her room. She especially paid attention to her attire as it was cold outside. She made sure to stop by the fridge and get some foods they can share with.

As she proceeded to her house, she saw children playing snow and making snowman. Passing the river bank, she also saw some children playing soccer. It made her smile knowing that despite the technology nowadays, kids still play these games.

It took a while for the Endou to finally reached Haruna's residence. She mildly knocked on the door as she arrived, patiently waiting for her friend to open up.

"Thank you for coming here, Natsumi-san."

A warm smile welcomed her as the door opened. It didn't took for Haruna to let her friend in and make herself at home. She hurriedly asked her to help her out at the kitchen to cook something for them.

The time passed by fast that Natsumi weren't knew about it.

They were talking about something when knock was heard. Natsumi volunteered to open the door and to see Endou standing on the door. Natsumi hurriedly embraced him tight as her eyes sparkled. Endou gave back the hug and pulled after a while.

Haruna soon joined them at the door, smiling at the sweet image of the couple

"I'm sorry for making you wait, Natsumi." He smiled. "Thank you for taking care of my wife, Otonashi-sensei."

Haruna just nodded and left the two. She knew that she should leave them alone as the long day has been passed and they haven't spent time together. They deserve to enjoy the remaining time of the Christmas Day.

"Then, shall we go Natsumi, back to our home?"

She only smiled and let her husband lead their way home.

WISHING YOU AND YOUR FAMILY A JOYFUL HOLIDAYS!!!