Claustrophobia

“Claustrophobia”

Kiduo Yuuto x Reader

★☆★

“Focus on my presence. As long as I'm here with you, nothing will happen.”

★☆★

“You can do it, [Name], you can.” Reassuring yourself, you softly pat your cheeks. You see, living with claustrophobia was a real challenge. You can’t really do whatever you wanted, especially when it involves narrow spaces. And now, here comes a new challenge—you were invited by a friend to a welcoming event of her cousin.

Stepping on the elevator, you heaved a sigh. You smiled. Turn your fear into an advantage, you said to yourself as the doors shut. You’ve got to do something about your phobia or it will soon conquer your dreams.

“It’s not so bad…” You mumbled to yourself. The elevator wasn’t full so it not too suffocating. There are only two of you on it, the one is a man who had a somehow dreadlocks and in a formal attire. He’s about your age, maybe, or a year older.

You averted your gaze on foot the time he took a glance at you. He might’ve been conscious that you’ve been staring at him for a while now.

“…Your floor, miss?”

“Excuse me, yes?” You asked, clearly confused.

“The floor you’re going, I meant.”

Feeling sudden embarrassed, you checked the paper you’re holding. “Ninth floor, if you may.”

Nodding at your answer, he pushed the button. You felt more embarrassed that he might be thinking you’re some sort of mountain person who never stepped on a city and never used any modern technology.

To your surprise, the narrow room soon started lifting up. You can feel your heart started beating in a quick pace. “Now, now, it’s fine…” It’s just lifting up to take you to the place you are set to go. “You be fi—!

Bam! The elevator suddenly gave a mighty shudder, choked and quivered to a stop. The lights flickered and flickered, only to immediately shut off.

The room started getting stuffy. You couldn’t breathe, as if the oxygen was purposely avoiding you. The limbs threatening to stumble earlier finally gave up, savagely shuddering. Sharp pang of fear finally entered you, panic attack descended upon you.

You desperately gasped for air, tears cascading down your face. You felt helpless, so verra helpless. Sobs soon racked through your body, your eyes clenched shut as horrendous pain shuddered through you.

You were sure, death will soon follow you, the very feeble and fragile you.

Weight and warm arms soon touched you, locking you into an embrace. You can feel his breaths on your neck as he kept making a shhh sound—trying to calm you.

“Please close your eyes Miss, and take a deep breath.” His voice deep and calm, keeping his touch to yours. “Focus on my presence. As long as I'm here with you, nothing will happen. You'll be safe.”

You did as what he told, pressing your eyes shut and slowly releasing and drawing in the air onto your body. You began concentrating to the man's presence, finding his words true anon. Tears flowing turned into halt as well as your body's trembling decreased. You felt as if you had a warm and cozy blanket around you, sensing the security within his arms.

The thick stress on the air earlier was now gone. It's all thanks to your savior.

“There, you've done a good job miss.” As he withdrew his arms, you noticed him smiled. “The fire department will soon arrive as I informed them early. We'll be out of here a little while later.”

You also smiled in return. “T-Thank you, sir, for helping me...”

He just nodded in return and relaxed his back to the wall. You notice him he closed his eyes. Soon, someone arrived and managed to get the elevator open.

The man stood up first, pressing forward a hand to you. You hesitated claiming it first but you held it as he put a smile, reassuring you. As soon as someone checked on you, you retracted your hand from his. He soon talked to someone—assistant liked woman— hearing him saying you need an immediate visit to a near doctor as shock may still linger on you. They oblige and helped you gently.

Turned to you once more, he spilled yet another handsome smile from his mouth. “Right! See you around then Lady. Please be well.” He waved a hand before leaving.

All came to an instant but one thing is sure—you immediately became fond of a man you didn't even know the name.

Timbre Of His Heart || IE Boys X Readerजहाँ कहानियाँ रहती हैं। अभी खोजें