ꪀine

screams of excitement invaded soojin's ears the second the group spotted her, causing her to flinch slightly before beaming at the boys

screams of excitement invaded soojin's ears the second the group spotted her, causing her to flinch slightly before beaming at the boys. "yo, you guys look even sexier in real life."

"i like her." one of the taller boys said, and the ravenette smirked when she recognized him as johnny.

"that fit goes hard," another boy whistled, and soojin turned around to see haechan eyeing her playfully with a beer in his hand.

she rolled her eyes before leaning forward and taking the drink from his hand, ignoring the whiny protest she got in return. "it's too weird getting compliments from a kid."

the "kid's" cheeks burned at the name, "i'm less than two years younger than you!"

"i'm into older guys." she shrugged, grinning when taeil tossed an arm around her shoulders to play into haechan's frustration. "yeah, she likes older g—"

the man was instantly cut off when soojin uncrossed and slipped her own arm around his waist, pulling him closer to her as she silently admired his features.

sensing the tension, haechan sucked in a panicked breath. "woah, woah, woah. look here, lady, taeil is mine!"

"but he's so cute and squishy!"

"exactly! that's why he belongs to me!"

"i don't really belong to anyone..."

"what if i want him?" the girl deadpanned, and taeil's lips parted wordlessly before stuttering out, "... i mean, but i'm so cute and squishy."

"someone play traitor by olivia rodrigo, cause you betrayed me!" the youngest screeched, fake wailing as he clung to a completely out-of-it mark. soojin cracked at his futile reaction, leaning against taeil as she laughed.

haechan sniffled, wiping beneath his eye before raising his hand for another beer. "first my drink, then my man? so low." the girl calmed down, but her grin didn't falter. considering it was the first time meeting these random guys, she thought it was going well...

the few males she hadn't gotten the chance to meet yet were all playing pool, the sober ones (yuta) clearly at an advantage. slipping out of the eldest's grasp, soojin maneuvered her way through the small crowd and towards the boys.

there was a golden-yellow lowlight hanging above the nearly lime-colored table, five or six differently vibrant balls scattered across the ugly felt surface. her gaze unconsciously scanned the table, eyeing different angles and shoot points.

the girl was expecting yuta to be winning, as he had had the least to drink.

boy was she wrong.

"hey, devil prince," she called as he drew his stick back, about to shoot. her voice causing him to still, quickly glancing in the ravenette's direction. he blinked, then grinned. "kitten, you made it."

his voice was like velvet, and despite being sober, yuta's lips were curved in a drunken smirk. soojin shook her dreaminess away and smiled, "as much as i'd love to sit here and listen to your voice, you're going to lose if you take that shot."

yuta's brows scrunched, eyes instantly falling onto the table as johnny grinned. the japanese male looked up at soojin again, this time with a lost look on his face. "how?"

with a little huff, the girl pushed herself off of the table she'd been leaning on and approached him, taking her place comfortable behind his back and dragging the tips of her fingers along his forearm.

her hand clasped around his, holding the stick as a guide as she leaned towards the table. yuta followed mindlessly as soojin guided his stance a little each way, her face eventually falling just beside his.

"okay," she breathed, the word tickling his ear, "now, shoot."

yuta and the others around them expected the single ball to go in alone, three of the four rising to their feet when it ricocheted off another ball instead.

just like that, three separate balls fell into their own pockets, leaving nothing on the table besides johnny's remaining striped ball, the white cue ball, and the 8.

soojin pulled away with a triumphant expression as the tall boy's lips dipped into a frown. "you can still win, john!" she cheered, johnny scoffing in response before taking his shot. and missing.

doyoung, jungwoo, and jaehyun, who had all been watching the battle from the sidelines, jumped with loud, obnoxious hollers at the sight of johnny suh loosing.

victory shots were on the pool table before soojin could process the fact that yuta managed to get the eight ball in, looking around as she was suddenly crowded. jungwoo stood at her side, his pretty white hair clutching the neon lights beautifully.

catching her gaze, the boy raised a shot. "nice to meet you. i'm baewoo!" soojin quirked a brow, and jungwoo quickly shook his head. "i mean jungwoo! my jungwoo... wait..."

laughing softly at his tipsy confusion, the girl took the shot from his hand and brought it to her lips. "it's nice to meet you, too."

the rest of the night was a haze. soojin wasn't sure how many shots she'd managed to stomach, but by her fifth or six dance with the few remaining conscious boys, she was ready to join the passed out mark at the bar.

"baesoo! let's get tattoos!"

... or maybe just one more shot.

•finally know why we don't talk about bruno

finally know why we don't talk about bruno