Chapter 6: Meeting

Lia stares at Yuna's pixie form as she asks, "So you can stay like that forever?" Yuna smiles as she dances on Lia's table, "Yup!" Lia chuckles as the fairy continues to play around her table as someone knocks on their door. Lia runs to the door as Yuna turns back into her larger form. Yeji stood across the door with what Lia asked for and smiled, "Here."

Lia squeals as she hugs Yeji and says, "Thank you! It would've been so awkward if I asked. I hope it wasn't much trouble." Yeji smiles, "No, there was no--"

"You!"

Yeji turns her head to see the red haired mermaid stomping right at her. Chaeryeong says, "You need to tell your friend to move out of Taehyun's apartment." Yeji looks at her confused and says, "I can't tell him what to do. You should just talk it out with them." Chaeryeong pleads, "I already tried to but Taehyun is suddenly so stubborn when it comes to me. His dad is going to kill me once he finds out what happened! Do you know who his dad is? He's the god of the ocean. I live in the ocean." Ryujin enters the conversation, "Yah, why are you guys so loud?"

Chaeryeong turns her head to see Ryujin glaring at everyone. Ryujin huffs, "What's fish-girl doing here?" Chaeryeong rolls her eyes and says, "It's 1 in the afternoon and you're still sleeping." Ryujin raises her eyebrow, "Is she mad because the guy she's babysitting isn't listening to her?" Chaeryeong scoffs, "I'm not babysitting anyone." Ryujin rolls her eyes as Chaeryeong says, "What was that?"

Ryujin asks as she rolls her eyes again, "This?" Chaeryeong chuckles, "You must think you're so funny." Ryujin laughs, "Yeah, I am." Yeji tries to defuse the situation, "Okay, everyone should--" Ryujin hisses, "Don't tell me what to do. I don't care if you're a Hwang vampire or a measly fish person." Chaeryeong scoffs, "Says the demon." Ryujin raises her eyebrow, "What was that?" Chaeryeong replies, "I said, 'says the demon.'" Ryujin chuckles, "Call me when you're done crying about your demigod, then I'll show you what a demon can do."

Yuna suddenly asks, "Do you guys want to get lunch!? I haven't eaten yet and I want to go to the school town. I heard there's a good elven restaurant there." Lia smiles, "Great idea!" Chaeryeong says, "I'm not-" Yeji insists, "You should go. We can talk more and get to know you more." Ryujin scoffs, "If she's going them I'm not--"

Yeji says with a stern voice, "Both of you are going. You're clearly too grumpy from waking up from your nap and Chaeryeong is stressed because the one person she's looking after just moved in with a gorgon. You need to make up and see that you're both not terrible people." Ryujin pouts as Chaeryeong crosses her arms and looks away. The two mutter, "Okay."

Yeji smiles, "Great! Lead the way, Yuna." Yuna smiles as she turns to Lia who smiles brightly at her for diffusing the tension between the mermaid and the demon.

...

"Everyone is looking at us."

Soobin smiles at Yeonjun, "It's probably because of Taehyun. He's quite popular because he's the only demigod here." Beomgyu jokes, "Don't worry man, if you were the problem then they'd be looking away from us." Yeonjun eyes him and chuckles, "Touche." The angel smiles brightly at the gorgon as Kai smiles, "You should go out more. The demons are starting to get used to your presence and they're not as bad as before." Yeonjun chuckles, "Yeah, I guess." Taehyun asks, "Did you pick out a place to eat? We can't just walk around forever."

Yeonjun says, "I'm fine with whatever." Beomgyu adds, "Me too." Kai requests, "Should we try that dwarven bbq?" Yeonjun says, "Well everything, except that." Beomgyu says, "You said anything." Soobin asks, "There's that vegan mermaid restaurant, can we try that?" Beomgyu gags, "Gross, vegan." Soobin chuckles, "Aren't you an angel?" Beomgyu says, "Not all angels are vegans, I don't know where you heard that." Yeonjun chuckles, "I thought you said you were fine with anything."