Chapter 35: Family

"Choi Lia and parents, Choi Soobin and parents, Choi Yeonjun and mother, Choi Beomgyu and parents... wow 4 Choi's and none of them are related... How interesting. Hwang Hyunjin, Hwang Yeji, and parents, Lee Chaeryeong and parents, Huening Kai and father, Kang Taehyun and father, Shin Yuna and parents, and Shin Ryujin–"

"Why is she here?"

Taehyun turns his head, "Dad, don't–"

Mr. Hwang adds, "I agree. Wasn't she the problem that brought us here?" Hyunjin mutters under his breath, "It was actually our family but yeah sure, we'll blame her." Mr. Hwang turns to glare at Hyunjin who stares at him defiantly.

Lia's mother adds, "Mr. Kim, my family and I would feel more comfortable if the demon wasn't in this meeting regarding the victims of an attack by her family." Lia whispers, "Mom... it wasn't–"

Mr. Hwang says, "My daughter's life was threatened. My son was tortured. I think my family has the most say in this and I don't want her present."

Mr. Kang says, "I agree. She is Lady Death's daughter after all."

Meanwhile...

Yeonjun's mom turns to him and whispers, "Which one is your girlfriend?" Yeonjun smiles and quietly waves at Yeji who waved back. His mother glances at her and smiles brightly then whispers, "She's beautiful." Yeonjun whispers back, "She is. Her personality is even greater. You can meet her after this."

Yeji's mother notices her waving at Yeonjun and sits next to her daughter, "Is that your rumored boyfriend?" Yeji nods, still smiling at him as her mother nudges her thigh, "He's handsome." Yeji nods again as her father continues to rant, "We were promised a safe place for my daughter! So why am I here attending a meeting about a recent attack? Where were you or the security?"

Mr. Kang stands and says, "The gods have always quarreled about the safety of this island with all the evils that lurk behind everything. We wanted a change in management and it's obvious that the powers of warlocks and witches isn't enough."

The dean says, "Please settle down, I–"

Mr. Lee says, "What are we getting in return? No way will we keep silent after what happened but I do expect a payment of any kind."

Mr. Kang says, "No payment will ever be enough for endangering my child. Don't expect any from my kingdom to ever attend after this."

"That's perfect. Merpeople are always stuck up, aren't they?"

The dean looks up and sighs as everyone in the room freezes. He says, "If you would give me time to finish, I would have introduced the last parent... Ryujin and her mother. All present."

Jieun drops from the ceiling as everyone stares at her in fear. She smiles as she glances at the dean, "How are you Seokjin? I see you're older now." The old man rolls his eyes as he says, "Please stay formal, this is an official meeting." Jieun glances at Ryujin and smiles at her then at the angels sitting quietly. She says, "It seems none of you heard what happened. But in reality, you should all be bowing down in front of me and crying tears of joy."

Mr. Hwang stands up in anger, "I'M NOT SCARED OF–" Jieun turns to glare at him causing him to pause as she says, "Come on, princess. Tell your dad what happened. With how much he was running his mouth, I doubt he let you explain anything."

Yeji stutters as all the parents' eyes are on her, "L-Lady Death saved us."

Jieun blasts a finger gun at Yeji and says, "Bingo. I'm the savior and the reason your children are alive." She looks around and says, "Not only did I heal them of all their injuries but I also murdered my only remaining son to stop him from doing any damage."