Chapter 23: Back... again

"Hey Chae, can I copy your-"

"Ryujin, sup." Yeonjun pauses, seeing two new faces at their table. Ryujin waves at him as Yeonjun smiles, "I took my daily intake of that potion to suppress my demonic presence." She smiles back, "I can tell." Yeonjun glances at Chaeryeong and Taehyun who were the only other people at the table and asks, "So can I copy?"

Chaeryeong says, "It's with Ryujin." Ryujin introduces, "Hyunjin, this is Yeonjun. Yeji's boyfriend." Hyunjin replies, "The gorgon. Whatever he's taking right now makes him look so human, it's neat." Yeonjun smiles, "The closer I am to you, the more you look like Yeji." Hyunjin smiles back, "Wow, what do you see in my sister? You're charming and handsome."

Ryujin and Chaeryeong turn to him confused at his sudden flirting. Taehyun says, "You're not bad yourself." The two girls turn to the demigod confused at the sudden flirt contest they hold. Hyunjin smiles, "Why haven't we been hanging out with these guys? They have taste and they don't bully me." Ryujin glances at Chaeryeong and says, "Were they like this when I was gone?"

"You're back."

Ryujin glances at Kai and says, "Yeah, someone... convinced me." Kai raises his eyebrow, "Someone?" Ryujin answers, "Hyunjin suddenly had the urge to make friends with his sisters' friends." In reality, Yeji talked to Hyunjin about Ryujin.

Flashback...

"Please? Just a little bit, I just want to talk to her once." Hyunjin sighs and says, "First Beomgyu now you, I--" Yeji asks, "Beomgyu?" Hyunjin replies, "Yeah, he went all the way to the Demonic Caves to talk to her." Yeji asks, "About what?" Hyunjin chuckles, "Did you think I was eavesdropping?" She raises her eyebrow as Hyunjin replies, "Same thing you're talking about."

Yeji pleads, "Don't you care about her?" Hyunjin scoffs, "Of course I do, I love her." Yeji begs, "Then if you do, you'll do what's good for her." He looks at her confused and says, "I can't. Once I start saying no to Ryujin then she'll move on and find someone else." Yeji says frustrated, "Don't you understand? There is no one else! Since when did you become such a wuss? No one can give Ryujin what you offer, a reliable source of life for her. Just man up and do what's good for her! She doesn't need a 'yes' man, she needs an actual friend. And if you ever want to advance your relationship with her, then you'll be an actual friend!"

Hyunjin whispers, "How far have I dropped to be getting relationship advice from you?" Yeji chuckles, "That's what I was thinking. I've never seen you in the backseat in a relationship." Hyunjin replies, "Ryujin is different... She knows what she wants. It's strange." Yeji smiles, "You're actually in love, who figured?" Hyunjin fights back, "And you actually got a gorgon boyfriend, we're both out of our comfort zones here. Stop teasing."

Yeji asks, "Going to cry to your girlfriend?" Hyunjin laughs, "Sure, whatever. I'll convince her somehow to start hanging out with you guys again. That's because her other friends are annoying, not because I want to hang out with you." She teasingly smiles, "L O V E." Hyunjin flicks her off and says, "Don't forget who's begging for help, I'm doing this for Ryujin not for you. Understand?"

Flashback end...

Yeji follows behind Kai and notices Hyunjin. She smiles at him as he rolls his eyes. Yeji playfully points her eyes at Ryujin and Hyunjin squints his to tell her to stop. Yeji smiles brightly again as she says, "Glad to see my roommate doesn't hate me." Ryujin jokes, "Hard to compete with your brother, really." Yeji smiles, "You like me better, admit it." Ryujin covers both of Hyunjin's ears and smiles, "I do." Hyunjin swats her hands away as Yeji asks, "So you're going to actually get to the apartment sober?" Ryujin says, "No promises but I'll be more sober than before. I'm starting to gain weight from all the drinking." Chaeryeong smiles, "I think it's cute. Your chubby cheeks are the cutest."

Ryujin smiles while cupping her cheeks then asks, "Where's the others? I haven't talked to Yuna in forever. Are Soobin and Lia a thing yet?" Taehyun replies, "They hate each other now." Ryujin looks at him confused as Taehyun says, "That competition is ripping them apart." Ryujin asks, "Is it really that bad?" Chaeryeong says, "The two don't even talk to each other and when they do, it gets heated right away. This competition is really getting in their heads. They don't even come to our hangouts anymore and at this point, we've held a longer conversation with you than them."

Ryujin says, "Soobin and Lia don't seem to be the competitive type..." Yeji chuckles, "Lia was bribing me to mind control Soobin into telling her what his project was." Ryujin scoffs as Hyunjin says, "I thought we were hanging out with the demons before but this sounds more exciting." Ryujin then asks, "And where's Yuna?" Kai says, "We don't know."

Ryujin asks, "What do you mean you don't know?" Kai says, "She nevers comes to anything and is missing most of the time. Lia's too busy to be at her dorm and Yeji only runs into her in front of hers. I thought she was just avoiding me but I don't think that's the case." Ryujin nudges Hyunjin and says, "We see her a lot." Hyunjin looks at her confused and she says, "The fairy I told you about."

Hyunjin says, "Oh, the one I always see at the snack store." Kai asks, "Snacks?" Hyunjin replies, "Yeah, there's this snack store in the Demonic Caves and they sell this really good drink for vampires with some blood cheesecakes. 100% recommend." Yeonjun asks, "Why is she buying blood cheesecakes?" Hyunjin argues, "They're delicious." Yeji adds on, "I agree, they are the best."

Yeonjun asks, "But she's a fairy." Hyunjin says, "Maybe you can catch her there, we could kidnap her." Ryujin adds, "Fairies are hard to catch." Chaeryeong says, "We'll plan it accordingly." Taehyun says, "We are not kidnapping a fairy at the Demonic Caves. It would be best to do it at her dorm, she has to go back eventually."

Kai raises his voice, "No, we don't have to. I'll just talk to her." Hyunjin chuckles, "You sound like someone I've argued with before."

"Heyyyy! Beomgyu and I bought these macaroons on sale! We have one for everyone."

Hyunjin turns his head and smiles, "My guardian angel." Beomgyu looks at him confused as Seyoung pouts, seeing Hyunjin and Ryujin. She whispers, "I don't think we have enough for everyone." Beomgyu says, "It's fine, I don't need one. Don't give one to Hyunjin and it should be enough." Hyunjin makes a heart with his arms, "Aww, he's looking out for my health." Ryujin chuckles and pushes him, "You told me to be nice, now look at you."

Beomgyu says, "You're back... Again." Seyoung turned to him, glancing at his facial expressions as he stared deeply into Ryujin's eyes. Ryujin broke a smirk and said, "And you're making it awkward. What kind of macaroons are they?"

Seyoung says, "Chocolate." The female angel then hands them all out as Chaeryeong nudges Taehyun, "Can I have yours?" Taehyun whispers, "No." He then eats the entire thing in one bite as Chaeryeong pouts and sits next to Yeji, "How much for your macaroon? I'll let you suck my blood." Yeji smiles and hands it to her, "Just have it." Chaeryeong takes it after hugging Yeji and asks, "So how have you two love birds been?"