Chapter 26: Daughter

Yuna stares at the group she used to hang out with. She inhales then exhales as she slowly approaches them. Her eyes darted to Ryujin and Hyunjin who spoke with Yeonjun and Yeji with the two girls laughing their brains out. She then notices Chaeryeong and Taehyun enthusiastically talking to Soobin and Lia because of the rare occasion that the two are with them and not fighting. Yuna smiles seeing Beomgyu feeding Seyoung at the side while the two spoke as if they were in a world of their own. The fairy almost tears up seeing them all together and happy. She was so worried about her future that she couldn't stop and appreciate what she has now.

Yuna smiles at them thinking of just settling with them for a while. She thinks to herself, "Maybe it was a good idea to not see Jungkook for a while." Yuna slowly stood in front of everyone as silence filled the area. Hyunjin was the first to speak up, "Hey, it's the fairy you--" Yeji punches his arm before he ruins the moment as Lia stands, "Yuna, you're here."

Yuna stared at them shyly as she said, "Y-yeah, sorry for avoiding everyone. I-I was just in a slump with my mental health and I was worried and scared for the future. B-but, I'm feeling great now and I think it would be best for me to stop avoiding my friends." Lia smiles softly at her and says, "Don't worry, Soobin and I don't have that good of an attendance either." Ryujin adds, "Same goes for me and Hyunjin. You missed a lot but we're catching up now, so feel free to join us." Hyunjin asks, "You can first tell us why you were buying snacks at the Demonic Cave."

Yuna smiles softly with her prepared excuse, "The blood cheesecake is to die for." Hyunjin claps his hands and points at everyone, "I TOLD YOU! You don't have to be a vampire to enjoy it!" He high-fives Yeji as Yuna says, "It's an acquired taste."

Taehyun notices the grim reaper walking towards them and smiles, "Hyuka! Look, the whole gang's back together!" Yuna stares at him worried as she quickly walked up to him. She says, "H-hey, remember what we talked about last night? I just--" Kai asks, "Huh? What happened last night?"

Yuna stares at him as she thinks to herself, "Did Jungkook get to him already?" Kai smiles as he places his hand on Yuna's shoulder, "Good to have you back though, we were pretty worried." She smiles at him as his eyes dart to Ryujin. A sudden command fills his head.

Expose my sister, Huening Kai. Tell everyone who she is and make sure it's in front of everyone. Don't tell her about me and forget everything about me and forget about Yuna's lie of a boyfriend and that conversation.

Kai's eyes flash red for a second as he shoves Yuna away from him. Everyone stares at him weirdly as Ryujin stands, "Hey, what the hell--"

"When were you going to tell us?"

Ryujin looks at him and scoffs, "The hell are you talking about? Why did you just push Yuna, you were the most worried for her!?"

"I know who you are Ryujin. I know how evil you truly are and it's disgusting that you're hiding it from everyone. Are you scared we would abandon you once we know the real you?" Ryujin's eyes widen as she stutters, "W-what?" Everyone glances at the two in utter disbelief. That was the least confident they'd ever see the succubus. Beomgyu comes in out of nowhere, "What are you trying to say Kai? She lied to us about what?" Hyunjin moves in between Kai and Ryujin as he scoffs, "What's wrong with you? You could've started this in a more polite way, I thought it was my job to be rude about everything?"

Chaeryeong speaks up, "And why are you attacking her all of a sudden? The lie can't be that bad that you turn on her this quickly, she was your first friend here."

Kai points at Ryujin and says, "She's Lady Death's final child." Ryujin's eyes widen as she stares at him in disbelief. She was too taken aback to try and pull a lie out of nowhere to deny it. She slowly glances at Yeji who stares back at her in shock.

Taehyun asks, "What kind of sick joke is that?" Kai glances at Ryujin who stares at him in fear as the grim reaper continues, "It's not a joke. She's one of the worse demons out there and she's as evil as they come. She's the only other living sin of death herself."

Hyunjin turns to Ryujin slowly as Seyoung quickly runs to Beomgyu and pulls him back. The angel glances at his girlfriend as Seyoung stares at him with worried eyes. She whispers, "B-beom, she's dangerous."

Ryujin's eyes dart to Seyoung as Hyunjin asks her, "I-is it true?" She looks back up at Hyunjin who stared at her in disbelief. Chaeryeong gulps as she also pulls Taehyun away from her. Yeonjun stands and tries to approach her but Yeji whispers, "D-don't... I-I'll talk to her." As Yeji stood to talk to Ryujin, the succubus extended her wings.

Everyone backs up by instinct as Ryujin slowly turns to see Yeji's eyes. The vampire was the only person who knew, except for Jungkook. Or that's what she remembered, because of her drunken state she completely forgot about her conversation with Beomgyu that one night. Ryujin thought she could trust Yeji to keep that secret but now she doesn't know who to trust. Yeji speaks up, "Ryujin, I didn't--"

Ryujin flew into the air at the speed of light as the only thing she left behind were her tears.

Kai's eyes flash red once again as Jungkook's hypnotism finally ran out. He looks around confused as he whispers to himself, "W-why did I say that?" Yuna notices Kai's worry and confusion as she starts to speculate on what happened.

Hyunjin glances around to see everyone uneasy and shook by the news. He sighs and goes to Yeji, "I'm going after her." Yeji grabs him by the arm as she says softly, "We can't... The sun is bright today. If it weren't for this roof, we'd be cooked." Hyunjin pulls his arm away and kicks the table in frustration.

"CHOI BEOMGYU WHAT ARE YOU DOING!?"

Seyoung shrieks as Beomgyu extends his wings and flies after the succubus. Seyoung stared at her boyfriend in hesitation. She was scared. Who wouldn't be? Lady Death was the most infamous demon who was feared by several gods. Ryujin being one of her two living children was something she'd never expect. But she couldn't just let Beomgyu go after her alone. Seyoung bites her lips and clenches his fist. She whispers, "I-I have to." Seyoung quickly extends her angel wings and flies after Beomgyu.

Chaeryeong says, "She lied to us." Taehyun turns his head and says, "We should've let her talk. We don't know--" Chaeryeong interrupts, "You still trust her?" Taehyun says, "What?" Chaeryeong finishes, "Even your dad is scared of Ryujin. Do you not understand just how crazy this situation is? Lady Death, the greatest demon to even walk the world and fly in the heavens. The fallen god who's been banished from every country and every kingdom known to man. Ryujin is her daughter, she's the daughter of the embodiment of evil." Taehyun stared at Chaeryeong trying to challenge her fierce eyes but he didn't see fight or courage in her eyes. Chaeryeong was destroyed.

Not only was Ryujin her closest friend outside of Taehyun, but she trusted her with everything. She followed her advice which led to the growing relationship with Taehyun. But now she doesn't know what to think.

Yuna stutters as she tries to find her voice in this, "H-how did you find out?" Kai glances at her and asks, "Huh?" She repeats, "How did you find out about Ryujin's identity?" Kai's eyes flash red again as he speaks off Jungkook's set command, "The souls of the dead told me... Grim reapers are like mediums and can speak to them. There were thousands warning me..." His eyes flash red again as Jungkook's planned hypnotism shuts off.

Yeonjun puts his arm around Yeji's and whispers, "If you want, I can sleep over at your dorm if you're scared." Yeji turns to meet her boyfriend's eyes, "I knew." Yeonjun looked at her confused as he whispered, "What? Why didn't you tell anyone?" Yeji whispers back making sure no one else heard, "She's not evil. I promise." He stays quiet and says, "We can look for her at night." Yeji smiles at him softly, "Really?" Yeonjun pulls her closer as he kisses her head and says, "Ryujin gave me a chance to prove I'm not evil and you gave us both one. I'll do her a favor and trust your word." Yeji kisses his cheek back and smiles, "Thank you." Her eyes then slowly drift to Hyunjin who stared out in the sky waiting for the sun to go away.

Yeji slowly let go of Yeonjun and went to him, "How are you?" He replies, "Pissed." She tries to defend her friend, "Ryujin didn't mean to trick--" Hyunjin interrupts, "I'm pissed that I can't go after her." Yeji looked at him surprised as Hyunjin ruffled Yeji's hair, "I'm not a bad person, sis. I know Ryujin, she wouldn't do this without reason." Yeji says, "Thank you..." Hyunjin glances at Yeji and smiles, "Which is why I'm going after her." She replies with her smile going away, "What? But the sun—" Hyunjin winked as he turned into a bat and flew away while the sun started to burn his skin.