Chapter 21: Worried

Yeji glances at Taehyun and Chaeryeong who were already in the water and Yeonjun and Kai who were relaxing on the side. They were at a secret cove. Apparently, Taehyun and Chaeryeong go on early morning swims and they found this place off at some secluded location. It was the perfect place for Yeji because the sun was blocked off by the cave and she always felt bad not being able to go to their beach hangouts. She quickly moves to Yeonjun's side who's putting his eye drops on so he could remove his glasses. Kai notices and asks, "How long does that eye thing last?"

Yeonjun says, "About 5 hours. It's not that hard to make, the hardest ingredient to retrieve is probably Yeji's tears. I don't really change my appearance when I'm just with you guys so that other potion doesn't really get used." Kai glances at Yeji and smiles, "Sweet." Yeji asks, "What's up with Yuna? I ran into her and she said you two were fighting."

Kai asks, "She said we were fighting?" Yeji nods as Kai says, "I guess you could say that... we did have a fight though. It was pretty bad and I sort of feel bad now. I tried making it up to her but she's been avoiding me and I don't know if pestering her will help." Yeji insists, "If you really care about her, then you'd insist. You don't even have to end up being friends, you just have to try and fix things and who knows, it might work out." Kai smiles, "Okay, I'll try. Thanks."

Yeji smiles back, "Anytime, I'm always here to- AHHH!" Yeonjun suddenly pushes Yeji into the freezing cold water as she stands up irritated, "CHOI YEONJUN! I'M WEARING MY SWIM CLOTHES UNDER MY ACTUAL ONES! I DIDN'T TAKE THEN OFF YET!" Yeonjun chuckles and jumps on top of her in the water submerging both of them. Kai looks at the two worried as Yeonjun stands from the not too deep water and pulls Yeji up with him. She was gasping for air as Yeonjun smiled at her, "You're really pretty when your hair is wet." Yeji spits out the water into his face causing him to cringe along with the hundreds of snakes on his head. He smiles, "They didn't appreciate that." Yeji says annoyed, "My clothes are wet now! Even if I let them hang to dry, it won't be enough! Why do you keep doing these types of jokes! I really like that shirt and -hmmph!" Yeonjun pulled her in deep for a passionate kiss as the two stood in the pool of the cavern. He pulls back and smiles, "I have your spare clothing in a bag. Quit whining." Yeji huffs, "How did you get a hold of my clothes?" He smiles, "Well, it's my clothes but you were going to steal them anyway."

Yeji chuckles as Chaeryeong emerges from the water beneath them, "Glad to see you two enjoying yourselves, poor Kai though." Taehyun emerges from the water himself and smiles at Kai, "Want to see a shipwreck? We can leave the two love birds alone." Kai says, "I can't breathe underwater." Taehyun nudges Chaeryeong who retrieves a shell from out of nowhere.

Kai asks, "Where do you keep that?" She replies, "Keep your lips on the opening. You'll be able to breathe underwater, if you lose it you'll drown." Kai asks, "Where do you keep it? I don't want to put that in my mouth without knowing." Taehyun says, "Put the shell on your mouth and see a cool shipwreck or stay and watch the two make love." Yeonjun hisses, "We're not going to—"

Kai jumps in the water as the demigod and mermaid chuckle. Yeonjun glances at Yeji's eyes which were smiling back at him. He asks, "How's your brother?" She chuckles, "Ryujin keeps him busy." Yeonjun asks, "And you're okay with it? And she's okay with it?" Yeji stays quiet then says, "Ryujin is okay with it. I can't control her, no one can." He says, "Why aren't you okay with it?" Yeji backs away and sits on the edge of the rocks so only her legs dangle into the water. She says, "Ryujin has two friend groups. There's us and there's... another more toxic friend group... they party, don't care about their bodies, and... continue to encourage toxic behavior within their group. Before Hyunjin came along, she hung out with Lia and I and even Taehyun and Chaeryeong. Heck, she talked to you a lot. I understand that she needs him to stay alive safely but they should at least hang out with us." Yeonjun nods as Yeji asks, "When was the last time you talked to her? Do you even see her in your class?" Yeonjun answers, "No, she's in the back with... Now that you mention it, it's been a while." Yeji whispers, "It's been a while for me too and I'm her roommate! We don't even talk ever!"