Chapter 25: Questions

"YOU SAID WHAT?"

Yuna stutters as Jungkook raises his voice, "I-I couldn't think of anything else! I didn't want to get caught and I had nothing to explain buying the snacks!" Jungkook sighs in frustration as he asks, "Who did you tell?" Yuna whispers, "It was Kai." He raises his eyebrow, "The grim reaper?" Yuna nods as Jungkook walks around thinking for a bit then says, "It's fine." She looks at him confused as Jungkook says, "I'll stop teaching you for now." Yuna asks, "What?"

Jungkook finishes, "We'll stop classes indefinitely. Stop coming here for now. I'll reach out to you when we can resume." Yuna stutters, "Y-you're not just going to leave me, right? I-I'm learning a lot and I want to master this magic so I could-" Jungkook interrupts, "Be different, I know. But I need time to think and loose ends to fix, so stop coming here okay?" Yuna asks, "What about Kai?" Jungkook replies, "Don't worry about him, worry about everyone else. Understand?" Yuna nods as Jungkook groans in frustration again and rakes his hair back. He says, "I don't need to erase your mind, right? I can trust you." Yuna nods with the fear of losing everything she learned from the vampire. Jungkook smiles, "Thank you, I'll talk to you later. I promise."

Meanwhile...

Kai walked through the forest as he looked around. He whispers, "I swear I saw Yuna walk in here. Is she out looking for flowers again?" Suddenly, a small sparkle catches his eyes. He turns his head and notices Yuna just flew over him quickly. He smiles and says, "There she is." Kai calls could, "YU--"

Suddenly a hand is placed over his mouth while the other chokes his neck. Kai's hand extends as he quickly summons his scythe and twists it quickly then swings it backwards. The blade striked the person behind him but he was still strong. The guy turns Kai's head as his eyes flashes red, "Sleep."

...

Kai stirs awake as he notices the hard concrete ground beneath him. He slowly sits up to see drawings beneath him and his scythe hanging on the wall across the room. He extends his hand to try and summon it back but nothing happens.

"You can't do anything in there." Kai turns his head and sees Jungkook staring at him. Jungkook chuckles, "I thought I would have to go out of my way to find you but you came in here love struck and blind. Thank you for making it easy for me." Kai asks, "Who are you?"

The vampire smiles, "I'm Jungkook, a vampire." Kai asks, "Yuna's boyfriend?" He scoffs and says, "No, I'm her teacher. That was the lie she made up because I can't have anyone find out I'm here." Kai looks at him confused, "Teacher? What are you doing?" Jungkook stares at Kai's scythe and says, "Good to have this in my back pockets. It's pretty convenient that the one person who was suspicious of me is the one who walks in blind into my cave." Kai asks, "Why can't I use my powers?"

Jungkook points at the ground, "Pentagram. It's a spell that shuts down all magic in you. I made it myself." Kai says, "You're not just a vampire, are you? Your presence feels different from the others. You're something else." Jungkook smiles, "Ahh, you sense the difference already. Fortunately, Yuna can't tell. She's quite naive, isn't she?"

Kai asks starting to get irritated, "Who are you? What do you want?" Jungkook smiles, "It's complicated. But I'll tell you what I want so you can keep it in mind if you ever escape. I want the Hwang vampire." Kai asks, "Hwang? Yeji or Hyunjin?" Jungkook laughs, "Right, there's two of them. I really hit the jackpot." Kai whispers, "Wait... Jungkook?"

Jungkook raises his eyebrow as Kai asks, "Jeon Jungkook? Lady Death is your mother, isn't she?" Jungkook looks at him in disbelief, "Do they teach about me in schools?" Kai nods as the vampire smiles, "Wow, I really have made it far. Well, since you know me then you should've met my sister." Kai asks, "Sister? Oh, no one knows her name or who she is. She's been hidden from the books."

Jungkook smiles, "Wow. This keeps getting more fun by the moment doesn't it?" Kai then says, "Why are you telling me all of this? Are you going to kill me? You have me trapped here but we're speaking like I'm a friend not a prisoner. What's your plan or is that the only thing you won't tell me?" Jungkook sighs and says, "Plan. Right, my plan. I have no plan. I only want to get the Hwang heir and kill her. That's my goal. Maybe destroy the island, who knows. Oh and I'm only telling you all of this because you won't remember a thing."

Kai asks, "What?" Jungkook thinks for a bit then says, "Right, I should leave some fun information on you to create some chaos to buy me some time, huh?" Jungkook thinks for a bit then says, "Shin Ryujin. Do you know her?" Kai stays quiet not knowing if he should give up more information or not. Jungkook smiles, "You do. That's good. She's my sister. The last sin of death. The worst of the worst demons out there. If you see her, I want you to let everyone know who she is but don't you mention my name at all. Okay?"

Kai whispers, "I'm not going to do that... You might be lying to me and all that would do is spread rumors about her." Jungkook smiles, "I wasn't asking you to do it." The vampire's eyes turn red as he smiles, "I was telling you."

...

"Hey Chaeryeong, I was wondering if you'd go on a date with me... Isn't that too boring? They said to just be upfront but I don't want to look insincere." Taehyun stood in front of her door of her dorm practicing. He'd been hesitant at first but after all their swims together and conversations alone, he finally convinced himself to do something. He clears his throat and practices again, "Hey Chaeryeong, do you happen to want to go out with me? That's too wordy..."

"I'd love to."

Taehyun jumps as he shrieks in fear. He twirls in the water to see Chaeryeong staring right back at him. Taehyun stutters, "Y-you weren't in there?" Chaeryeong shakes her head as he stutters, "D-do you want to g-go out with me?" Chaeryeong raises her eyebrows, "I said yes already." Taehyun blushes, "Right... Sorry." She chuckles, "I've never seen you this shy before." He tries to laugh it off but his voice cracks as he exaggerates his laugh. Taehyun says, "I'm not used to telling others I like them, first."

Chaeryeong's heart starts to beat as she takes the move at such an obvious opening, "Well, I'll make it easier for you. I like you Kang Taehyun and I would love to go on a date with you." Taehyun smiles at her in confusion. Was it that easy to confess his feelings? I guess it would be if they were mutual. Chaeryeong smiles, "T-that was easier than how I imagined it in my head. I had a whole scenario of walking up to you and mustering the courage. But you were just here waiting for me... reciprocating my feelings and removing all my insecurities on what you think about me."

Taehyun replies, "You shouldn't be insecure. You're perfect–"

"Can you two hurry up? This is my dorm too." Chaeryeong moves to the side as her sister swims past the two. Chaeyeon scoffs and says, "Just go on your date already, you two talk too much." She shuts the door on the two as Chaeryeong smiles at Taehyun. He says, "Your sister sounds fun." Chaeryeong rolls her eyes and says, "Sorry but I don't know where to go from here... D-do we just go on dates and picnics now?" Taehyun replies, "I think so... morning swims and study sessions sound fun too... I've never been in a relationship so I really don't know." Chaeryeong stays afloat outside her dorm along with Taehyun as they know absolutely nothing on what to do in a relationship. All they knew was that they liked each other and they wanted to be together.